Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jacob Trouba signs (2 years, $3M AAV)

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Why do you want to keep a player who doesn't want to be there?

When you get an offer that is good enough, you move him. He doesn't want to be there.

Unless something changes, why would he sign long term there? I just don't understand your mindset on wanting to keep him no matter what.. but you are a delusional fan so it's not too shocking.

You believe Chevy is one of the best GM's in the league, don't you? It's crazy man, it's crazy to read.

:nopity:

The GM just signed him and referred to him as family and a huge part of the Jets long-term future. Trouba has rescinded his trade request. The GM signed him to play for Winnipeg. Oh well.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

south-park-s17e02c05-the-cable-company-runaround-16x9.jpg

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
So then why did he turn down the supposed long term offer that was on the table?

Trouba just doing right publicly. Helps his trade value this way, smart move by all parties.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
If Trouba didn't want out, they would have signed long term.

or Chevy has given Trouba the vision for the future and where Jacob fits in with the Jets and they signed the bridge to give Trouba some "insurance"

If he sees that he his career is moving in the right direction over the two years, he will likely sign an extension. Until then.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
You're not wrong but you seems so salty about the situation.

I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't want to trade the pieces required for Trouba so the only thing that has bothered me in this thread is the confidence that some Jets fans have in their GM. It's not warranted.

Oh, an edit from you. So you think I'm wrong now or you just don't want to publicly say that I'm not?

...Thought so. Have a nice day pal.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Hahahahhahahhahhajajjajajja all you trash talkers.

We will get even MORE for Trouba when we trade him, since he's on that sweetheart cap hit.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
The guy is stuck in this crap hole for two more years because he needs to make a living and the Jets held all the cards.

He's just making neutral remarks to get by until he can actually leave. It's not exactly a new tactic.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Let's be honest - no way Trouba would tell the media 'I still want to be traded'.

It would be a circus.

Already is a circus, but thanks for coming out. I think it is a wait and see approach from Trouba. The Jets have two years to convince Trouba to say long term.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The guy is stuck in this crap hole for two more years because he needs to make a living and the Jets held all the cards.

He's just making neutral remarks to get by until he can actually leave. It's not exactly a new tactic.

It's a much smarter tactic as his last one obviously did not work and was never going to work because the Jets had all the leverage.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't want to trade the pieces required for Trouba so the only thing that has bothered me in this thread is the confidence that some Jets fans have in their GM. It's not warranted.

Oh, an edit from you. So you think I'm wrong now or you just don't want to publicly say that I'm not?

you tell us! How dare we have confidence in our GM, completely unwarranted! he's done absolutely nothing that has benefited the Jets during his rein in away way :sarcasm:

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Can someone re-name the thread now to encompass the trade request being rescinded?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
or Chevy has given Trouba the vision for the future and where Jacob fits in with the Jets and they signed the bridge to give Trouba some "insurance"

If he sees that he his career is moving in the right direction over the two years, he will likely sign an extension. Until then.

So I can certainly see the "wait and see" angle. We don't really know which of his concerns are the ones that are actually important to him (the lady friend, RD, getting PP time, whatever).

His comments mean less than nothing, of course.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
https://www.nhl.com/news/kyle-turris-ends-holdout-signs-two-year-deal-with-phoenix-coyotes/c-602703

That's the only quote I could find, 5 years later. Keep in mind there's very little media coverage of the Coyotes to begin with.

Maybe they burned the bridge between them; however, I do not think the Jets did that with Trouba. Considering Trouba and Chevy met for coffee to talk seems to indicate that they came to an understanding.

The jets have two years to show Trouba where he stands in the Jets organization and to convince him to sign the extension. The bridge protects both parties here.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Lots of salty chatter coming from some fans of other teams. Hang in there.

:(

Honestly I've pretty much nailed everything that has happened so I'm not salty.

I said that Trouba should do right by the team, sign and stop trying to force his way out publicly. He caved, took the bridge and is making nice publicly. He will play well to raise his value in hopes of getting a trade down the line. Just as I said he should've done in the first place.

:handclap:

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
To further the narrative, I believe the low cap-hit is a compromise between the two parties to ensure he'll fit into the cap-structure of whatever teams he's willing to go to.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00