Wow Kuznetsov has arrived

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's playing some awesome hockey this spring. Always knew he was going to be a good 1. Good to see that's happening now.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
What a ridiculous comparison. His speed is nowhere near McDavid's and McDavid's finish is nowhere near Kuznetsov's.
McDavid''s finish is miles better then kusnetsovs . U probably dont even watch hockey or understand it

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Thats what everyone said about backstrom, looks like he's doing just fine on that second line

Kuznetsov was also the 2nd highest evenstrength scorer in the league after Crosby with Burakovsky and Williams in his breakout season

He's surpassed ddrhockey's son, Backstrom big time.

@DDRhockey funny if Elias Pettersson or William Nylander played as well as Kuznetsov you would be proclaiming them as the best player in the league

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
When you look through this roster, its still a really good one. I guess we just got accustomed to them finding ways to lose so often, that we overlooked just how good they still look on paper. It starts in goal, I guess, where holtby is not crapping the bed this year, and it also helps to get a MVP type performance from your center.... a position where you have to have elite players do elite things in order to win the cup.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
When you look through this roster, its still a really good one. I guess we just got accustomed to them finding ways to lose so often, that we overlooked just how good they still look on paper. It starts in goal, I guess, where holtby is not crapping the bed this year, and it also helps to get a MVP type performance from your center.... a position where you have to have elite players do elite things in order to win the cup.

They also lost Alzner Schmidt Shattenkirk Williams Winnik and Johansson from last year, that's like half a team's worth of depth.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They also lost Alzner Schmidt Shattenkirk Williams Winnik and Johansson from last year, that's like half a team's worth of depth.

The roster may not be as impressive as last year, but it's still an impressive one. Pre-requsites for the cup typically starts with competent goaltending, an elite center, and a standout d-man. Washington has it all working at the same time, and the depth is still there, even if they lost a few guys.

Some of those guys you mentioned as a loss are not much of a loss at all. Alzner for example, is addition by subtraction IMO. The game is evolving in a way which does not suit him.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I've seen my team raise it a few times and I don't expect it every year. It's kind of disgusting that his name might tarnish a small portion, but it is what it is. IF they win, he wouldn't be the first dirtbag whose name will be on it and he probably won't be the last.

Malkin, Kunitz and Cooke for example.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Kuznetsov was also the 2nd highest evenstrength scorer in the league after Crosby with Burakovsky and Williams in his breakout season

He's surpassed ddrhockey's son, Backstrom big time.

@DDRhockey funny if Elias Pettersson or William Nylander played as well as Kuznetsov you would be proclaiming them as the best player in the league
Backstrom has been better and deserves conn smythe

Reactions: Ainec

alphabetical

May 8, 2013
lucic was never as fast as tom wilson. everyone looses a step as they age, and that will not hurt tom wilson as much as it hurt lucic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If backstrom scores a hattrick tonight the conn smyhte is his
So you are saying any Conn Smythe hope for Backstrom is pretty unlikely...
I would agree, even though he has been exceptional under his circumstances.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would honestly put him in the top 5.

Only McDavid, Crosby and Malkin are clearly ahead of him.
With the way he is playing right now I would agree with this. I think we all thought he would get here, atleast I did I was at the gold medal game in Buffalo he was absolutely unstopable. I was convinced he would be better than Tarasenko, and really he has only eclipsed him now.

Incredibly exciting player to watch that makes things happen all over the ice, he is so dangerous. His ability to get away from checks and into open ice is as good as any player.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad