Wow Kuznetsov has arrived

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Has Kuznetsov played better hockey than he has right now?

I'm so impressed with him. He has clearly taken the next step. He's now a superstar in his own right. He's the one driving play on his line. He's the best player on the Caps and clearly the heir to Ovechkin's throne in Washington.

Yes. He hasn't had any performances in these playoffs like the night where he destroyed the Oilers.

While I love the bird celly the best version of Kuznetsov was when he was doing twister passes every night.
He's more dynamic now but that was the best version of him. Now he tries and can't convert even one of his TM pass that players like Kane copied.

Feb 24, 2017
Why does
Yes. He hasn't had any performances in these playoffs like the night where he destroyed the Oilers.

While I love the bird celly the best version of Kuznetsov was when he was doing twister passes every night.
He's more dynamic now but that was the best version of him. Now he tries and can't convert even one of his TM pass that players like Kane copied.

is one of the caps announcers here Louie Anderson?

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Classic HF thread.

One good playoffs makes you a top player in the league. This reminds me of the Jonathan Drouin and Bryan Bickell threads.
Behave. Kuznetsov has been pretty incredible since he arrived IMO. It's just took him a bit to get the confidence to get pucks on net more. Once he added more goals he was always going to be an 80-90pt guy. He has adjusted to the physicality of the league too.

He's one of the most naturally talented players around.

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
He's a legit top-10 center in the NHL. He enters the zone like a knife through butter, amazing skating and puck handling.
He was a top 20 Center 2 years ago. I don't know why this seems new to people.

Also, he's not a top 10 Center now and not even the best center on his team:
McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Matthews, Seguin, Bergeron, Tavares, Backstrom, Stamkos, and Kopitar are all better at the moment and that was 10.

He's getting there, but I'm having issues putting him the the conversation for Top 10.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
He was a top 20 Center 2 years ago. I don't know why this seems new to people.

Also, he's not a top 10 Center now and not even the best center on his team:
McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Matthews, Seguin, Bergeron, Tavares, Backstrom, Stamkos, and Kopitar are all better at the moment and that was 10.

He's getting there, but I'm having issues putting him the the conversation for Top 10.

Matthews top 10? lol... And stamghost? Maybe if it were 2011.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Classic HF thread.

One good playoffs makes you a top player in the league. This reminds me of the Jonathan Drouin and Bryan Bickell threads.
yeah exactly, 2 seasons ago he had 2p in 12 playoff games and cost the caps the cup. He was one of the worst players I ever seen

It is a lucky fluke run.

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
Matthews top 10? lol... And stamghost? Maybe if it were 2011.
I didn't even go to RyJo, Eichel, or tailing off Toews, which I think he's at the same tier as.

I mean, how many of the other guys that I mentioned are running a lock HOF wing next to them?

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Matthews is easily better than Kusnetsov

Okay. But no.

and Stamkos has more consistency than Kuznetsov has shown by now when he's healthy. There have been some pretty bad Kuznetsov times over the past 3-4 years. Some of my middling fantasy pools will tell you that.

Stamghost didn't score a single even strength point in the Caps series. And there have been some pretty bad times over the past 3-4 years with Stamghost as well (especially this year).

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Okay. But no.

Stamghost didn't score a single even strength point in the Caps series. And there have been some pretty bad times over the past 3-4 years with Stamghost as well (especially this year).
matthews is easily better than kuznetsov. He is a product of ovechkin.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
I didn't even go to RyJo, Eichel, or tailing off Toews, which I think he's at the same tier as.

I mean, how many of the other guys that I mentioned are running a lock HOF wing next to them?

You do know Kuznetsov was a second line center on the Caps until this year right? He's played more games with TJ Oshie, Burakovsky, Johansson, Williams than he has Ovechkin.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
yeah exactly, 2 seasons ago he had 2p in 12 playoff games and cost the caps the cup. He was one of the worst players I ever seen

It is a lucky fluke run.

He has a good chance to beat Crosby and get the 2nd best playoffs scoring record for the last 22 years...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00