Wow Kuznetsov has arrived

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
While I realize it's a different GM now, the Caps traded Forsberg for Martin Erat, so their evaluation of talent in the FO isn't winning my fandom.

Did you see the post that I quoted? I didn't say it, but I said if that's the case, it's pretty gross. He is one of their best players over the past 10 or so years, so it would be pretty bad if the fans are fading him now.

False narratives all throughout this thread. You know the talent evaluator that you are chastising literally built Vegas. Kuznetsov is a very good player and caps fans love Backstrom.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I don't know if I'd say he's "arrived", we all knew he was a stud before the playoffs and I thought he played really well before. But he's playing at a ridiculously high level right now. Seems to get better every year and if he maintains this or even continues to improve it's a scary thought

Reactions: bur and 666 others

EternalOptimist

Apr 26, 2018
They also lost Alzner Schmidt Shattenkirk Williams Winnik and Johansson from last year, that's like half a team's worth of depth.

The only one they really miss out of that group is Schmidt, and even then Kempny has stepped up big time in his stead. Winnik is certainly not a loss lol

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Is Seguin a center at all? As far as I can see it is Jamie Benn centering that line with Seguin and Radulov on the wings.

You're... not wrong. Benn is more of a center than Seguin.

This is wrong. Seguin has really locked down the center position these last 2 years and played his best overall game this season. Frequently centering the 1st PK unit and had the highest Dzone start rate of his career, played really well as the low forward in the Dzone.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The only one they really miss out of that group is Schmidt, and even then Kempny has stepped up big time in his stead. Winnik is certainly not a loss lol

I'd say both Williams and Johansson are missed, even though Vrana and Wilson have stepped up to replace them.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I am just like vid who is the biggest shill i ever seen.

Btw lias Andersson is a grinder. Nice bust

Okay bud. Don't get defensive or resort to insults when I call a spade a spade. I see you in every in Russian player thread trashing them and the country. Just calling it like I see it.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Okay bud. Don't get defensive or resort to insults when I call a spade a spade. I see you in every in Russian player thread trashing them and the country. Just calling it like I see it.
Only trashing kuznetsov. So you can sleep easy at night

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
I think he's the biggest reason for Capital's success this post season. Like, obviously a bunch of guys are playing extremely well: Wilson, OV, DSP, Orlov, Oshie, Carlson, etc, etc. Everyone is just clicking, but I really do believe that if Kuz is not on this team, they're not in finals.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I think he's the biggest reason for Capital's success this post season. Like, obviously a bunch of guys are playing extremely well: Wilson, OV, DSP, Orlov, Oshie, Carlson, etc, etc. Everyone is just clicking, but I really do believe that if Kuz is not on this team, they're not in finals.

This is absolutely true, but probably true of every team. Take away a team's 2nd best player who is a huge difference maker and they aren't going too far. Probably safe to say Pens aren't winning back to back cups without Malkin.

PucksOnNet

Nov 12, 2017
He did put up 82 points this year and 77 points two years ago. But yeah. Totally all based off one playoff run.

Wow, how about that.

Not even scoring at a point per game pace while centering the best goal scorer of all f***ing time. Can't finish very well, can't play defense, is atrocious in the faceoff circle, and doesn't play physical.

It takes so much skill feeding one-timers to Ovechkin on the PP though. [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Caps could be going for a 3pete if he played like this in the past 2 playoffs.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

Winnik is an exceptional PKer and we could have definitely used more help in that department. Though he's an offensive black hole as well and we've been getting a lot of offense from the 4th line this year.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Wow, how about that.

Not even scoring at a point per game pace while centering the best goal scorer of all ****ing time. Can't finish very well, can't play defense, is atrocious in the faceoff circle, and doesn't play physical.

It takes so much skill feeding one-timers to Ovechkin on the PP though. [redacted]

this is quite literally the worst post I've ever seen

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad