Wow Kuznetsov has arrived

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
Outside of this series, people can't seriously look at Tom Wilson and say he hasn't made numerous hits that cost his team, either by immediate penalty or because he takes himself out of the play by over-committing to a hit and loses to a counter-rush. He is abhorrent on defense when he lines someone into his sights and it does cost the Caps frequently.

Can they?

I don’t really think his post is rooted in any kind of reality.

Kuznetsov is a beauty to watch. He is magical with the puck.

I don't think enough shots can be taken at Wilson, because he goes out of his way to be a garbage human being.

I mean, he’s not on an internet message board on a Sunday morning, calling people “garbage human beings”, so he’s got that going for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I don’t really think his post is rooted in any kind of reality.

Kuznetsov is a beauty to watch. He is magical with the puck.

He reminds me of Datsyuk. Skating and puck handling look so easy. Makes the pass you don’t expect that often breaks the defense open a bit. His finish is honestly even better though, at least this playoffs.

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
I mean, he’s not on an internet message board on a Sunday morning, calling people “garbage human beings”, so he’s got that going for him.
I'd rather be here on a Sunday morning calling him a garbage human being instead of, you know, actually being one.

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
He reminds me of Datsyuk. Skating and puck handling look so easy. Makes the pass you don’t expect that often breaks the defense open a bit. His finish is honestly even better though, at least this playoffs.

I think Datsyuk was better defensively, or at least that’s what I’d like to believe. I don’t think Kuznetsov is particularly bad defensively, but Datsyuk is a multiple Selke winner. His fluidity with the puck is second to none though, the speed and gracefulness with which he handles the puck and his ability to shoot or pass makes him lethal.

The Caps are so lucky he wasn’t seriously injured.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
What does Wilson have to do with a thread about Kuznetsov's arrival? Like half of your posts itt is about other players (Ovi, Wilson) and another half is trying to downpay Kuznetsov's success so far, so i just want to ask, why the hate, man?

back on topic, Kuzya always had talent to do things he does now, it was just a question of if (or in my case when) he gets it all together in NHL, so no surprise for me here. Was great in juniors, was great in KHL (before slight derailment of his career due to injuries), now is great in NHL, a special player. His zone entries are arguably the best in the league, he has a great vision and puck glues to his stick like for Datsyuk.
I had to show this post to my Russian gf when she woke up, because "Kuzya" was a dead giveaway that you're not very objective. She laughed and asked what Malkin was up to and checked her Bark Andre Fleury account to see if he had any new gear.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I think Datsyuk was better defensively, or at least that’s what I’d like to believe. I don’t think Kuznetsov is particularly bad defensively, but Datsyuk is a multiple Selke winner. His fluidity with the puck is second to none though, the speed and gracefulness with which he handles the puck and his ability to shoot or pass makes him lethal.

The Caps are so lucky he wasn’t seriously injured.

Yeah definitely not as good defensively. This was about the time in Datsyuk’s career where he broke out as a superstar though, kuz can still improve himself defensively.

I don’t think the Caps win this without him.

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
Yeah definitely not as good defensively. This was about the time in Datsyuk’s career where he broke out as a superstar though, kuz can still improve himself defensively.

This is true, there is plenty of time for Kuznetsov to sharpen his defense game. And that comes with age as well. The ability to read and react will grow with time. Take Ovechkin for example, his defensive game has improved exponentially over the last 2-3 seasons.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015

I'm not sure he can improve defensively on the Caps, tbh, or at least with this coach and that line. Let's back off of the Datsyuk comparisons for a bit.

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
I'm not sure he can improve defensively on the Caps, tbh, or at least with this coach and that line. Let's back off of the Datsyuk comparisons for a bit.
This is the point where I decided any information coming from you isn’t worth reading. Not sure why it didn’t happen sooner.

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
This is the point where I decided any information coming from you isn’t worth reading. Not sure why it didn’t happen sooner.
Ok...I mean i'm not the first person to think that Barry Trotz isn't a great coach. He wouldn't have been fired by 1/4 of the teams in the league if I was the only one.

Edit - I'm dumb. I confused him with Hitch. I forgot Poille wouldn't fire him for years in Nashville.

Jun 15, 2007
Ok...I mean i'm not the first person to think that Barry Trotz isn't a great coach. He wouldn't have been fired by 1/4 of the teams in the league if I was the only one.
???????

Name the list teams that have fired Trotz. I'll spot you one, Nashville. Try naming the rest.

Reactions: NYCGroundhog

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
Call me crazy, but the top 10 is a pretty elite group. There are at least 4 Hall of Fame locks currently playing (Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Jumbo).

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
He was a top 20 Center 2 years ago. I don't know why this seems new to people.

Also, he's not a top 10 Center now and not even the best center on his team:
McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Matthews, Seguin, Bergeron, Tavares, Backstrom, Stamkos, and Kopitar are all better at the moment and that was 10.

He's getting there, but I'm having issues putting him the the conversation for Top 10.

Stamkos lol. Welcome to 2012.

NYCGroundhog

Mar 22, 2015
Stamkos lol. Welcome to 2012.
What's with all the Stamkos hate this year? He's had some pretty catastrophic injuries, but let's not forget what he did before he snapped his tibia on that goalpost, not to mention getting 86 points this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad