Wow Kuznetsov has arrived

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Wow, how about that.

Not even scoring at a point per game pace while centering the best goal scorer of all ****ing time. Can't finish very well, can't play defense, is atrocious in the faceoff circle, and doesn't play physical.

It takes so much skill feeding one-timers to Ovechkin on the PP though. [redacted]

He had 83 points in 79 games this year. That isnt PPG?

His 77 point season he played on the second line and didnt play a lot with Ovi. He wasnt on the 1 PP last year or the year before. Thats the reason he was second on even strength points in his 77 point season. Had he gotten PP time that year it would have been his best year.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lol no he is 3rd and 3rd i points despite playing on 1 arm

I don't care if he's 3rd in points. If you want to play the points game, John Carlson set the franchise record for points by a defenseman in the playoffs this postseason. The Conn Smythe Trophy -- last time I checked -- is not awarded based on points; it is awarded to the player judged to be most valuable to his team during the playoffs. I love Backstrom and he's been important no doubt but he's no where even close to the top of the Conn Smythe discussion.

Top tier: Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Holtby,
Second tier: Carlson, Eller, Backstrom

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Nope, all Beags!

giphy.gif

Like I said, I ain't working today so expect more of this until 8:25:09 EST, and then my blood pressure will elevate to critically unhealthy levels and shit be getting serious!

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I don't care if he's 3rd in points. If you want to play the points game, John Carlson set the franchise record for points by a defenseman in the playoffs this postseason. The Conn Smythe Trophy -- last time I checked -- is not awarded based on points; it is awarded to the player judged to be most valuable to his team during the playoffs. I love Backstrom and he's been important no doubt but he's no where even close to the top of the Conn Smythe discussion.

I think Oshie has been outstanding for you guys in the playoffs. Definitely deserves his name somewhere in this list.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Kuznetsov put up 77 pts 2 years ago already. He's been a star under the radar for a while. Not a flash in the pan at all.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I think he's the biggest reason for Capital's success this post season. Like, obviously a bunch of guys are playing extremely well: Wilson, OV, DSP, Orlov, Oshie, Carlson, etc, etc. Everyone is just clicking, but I really do believe that if Kuz is not on this team, they're not in finals.
Nope. Sorry but they don't need Kuzy to win. All Caps need is one of Backstrom/Kuznetsov in lineup but I'd argue that Backstrom is more important.
Caps were really good and won game without Kuzy, and won several in row without Backstrom.

If both Backstrom/Kuznetsov are out team is pretty garbage. It would be a one line team unless Walker impresses.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
I think Oshie has been outstanding for you guys in the playoffs. Definitely deserves his name somewhere in this list.
Agreed, Oshie has been really good. Unfortunately, he is probably going to be out until December next season with all the stuff wrong with him right now.

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
Nope. Sorry but they don't need Kuzy to win. All Caps need is one of Backstrom/Kuznetsov in lineup

Yea... except about a decades worth of playoff underperformance says otherwise.

Kuznetsov playing at the top of his game = Caps leading in the finals. I'm not saying Backstrom is irrelevant. They wouldn't be here without both of them. But Kuz is the one putting them over the top.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Nope. Sorry but they don't need Kuzy to win. All Caps need is one of Backstrom/Kuznetsov in lineup but I'd argue that Backstrom is more important.
Caps were really good and won game without Kuzy, and won several in row without Backstrom.

If both Backstrom/Kuznetsov are out team is pretty garbage. It would be a one line team unless Walker impresses.

He literally pushed them past the biggest hurdle any team had in recent sports history

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Without Kuz he doesn't get to make that play. He's putting up a 2009 Malkin caliber playoff performances
Malkin was picking apart teams. He's stacking a lot of points. He's doesn't have anything on par with Malkin's face off Carolina goal. He's closer to Couture.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
thought he was the most talented player in the stacked 2010 draft even above Hall and Seguin, and then the WJC also helped the hype

this was still my favourite goal of his in his first full season

and that playoff run made me think caps were going places. So I chucked some $ on them in the pre-season to win division, ecf, scf, which in turn made me watch them more than my own team in 2015-16. Expected them to dominate but didn't expect that much domination (8th in the NHL to 1st)

Reactions: TychoFan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3