Would You Trade Hughes for Makar Straight Up?

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
I would. Makar is better in every facet of the game. He's even a year older than Hughes. Don't know how he managed to beat him in being born first as well.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hughes is far more important to the Canucks than Makar is to the Avalanche....but neither team would bite on this trade. The Avalanche also have Byram coming. That blueline will be something moving forward.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Lol @ Avs fans trying to troll. Man for fans who are SO sure about their guy being supposedly one of the best in the game already, they sure do need a lot of reassurance about it. Not to mention the obsession with Hughes.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
As a Canucks fan, NO WAY, even if the AVs add a 2nd round pick... Why, Because Canuck luck dictates that we will somehow manage to lose that trade, my guess would be a serious injury.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Imo the Avalanche compliment Makar’s game well as they play a fast north south game where Makar’s top end speed can be fully utilized. Hughes has superior agility, pivots, stick handling, and better overall skill. His playmaking and awareness compliment the Canucks very well. I think they both do worse if you swapped them. It’s a NO from the Canucks.

Last edited:

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Yes, in a heartbeat. Makar is better than Hughes at everything except edgework and stickhandling, which is arguably a tie on both traits. Makar being RHD is icing on the cake.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
I wouldn't do this at this point in time. Makar is having a great season but he's been getting incredibly lucky in terms of both on ice shooting percentage and personal shooting percentage. He also looks worse defensively and is a year older. I doubt either team would be interested in making a deal like this as it's just too early to truly evaluate these players.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
nope. there are way too many things hughes does that work when i don't expect them to, and i expect hughes to get stronger. makar has the title for now on being stronger and more dynamic, but in the long haul i'll bet on the smarter shiftier guy to continue doing what he is doing.

if hughes develops a credible shot i think he is clearly better.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Nope.

Hughes has elite skating and vision.

Kid is a wizard transitioning the puck and is far more creative once he gains the blue line. He's slightly smaller and won't be able to contain the opposition in his own end come playoffs but he's already proven he can play back there and will be fine.

He also has a NHL shot (surprise)

Q.Hughes is probably going to end up being better than his brother and will most likely win the Calder this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad