Would You Trade Hughes for Makar Straight Up?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
If you were the GM of the Canucks and Sakic called and offered Makar for Hughes, just one for one, would you take the deal?

Yes. Although they are both great young players, Makar is the better player at this point and he also plays a more valuable position (more valuable in the sense that finding a good RD is tougher than finding a good LD).

Having said that, it’s never going to happen.

If we’re going into hypothetical Hindu land however, I would like to make the following proposal:

I would absolutely kick the tires on inquiring about what the New Jersey Devils would be willing to pay for Hughes to unite the Hughes brothers (and no, I wouldn’t be interested in Hall).

If the Devils would be willing to part ways with some good young (solid but not superstars) cost controlled assets signed long term, then I would absolutely be interested in thinking about it.

I love Quinn and likely wouldn’t make a deal, but it would definitely be something to think about.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Yes. Although they are both great young players, Makar is the better player at this point and he also plays a more valuable position (more valuable in the sense that finding a good RD is tougher than finding a good LD).

Having said that, it’s never going to happen.

If we’re going into hypothetical Hindu land however, I would like to make the following proposal:

I would absolutely kick the tires on inquiring about what the New Jersey Devils would be willing to pay for Hughes to unite the Hughes brothers (and no, I wouldn’t be interested in Hall).

If the Devils would be willing to part ways with some good young (solid but not superstars) cost controlled assets signed long term, then I would absolutely be interested in thinking about it.

I love Quinn and likely wouldn’t make a deal, but it would definitely be something to think about.
The Devils have no young cost-controlled pieces that come use to Hughes. For the first time since the 80s we have an elite franchise type D, who literally gets better game by game and you would move him?

Reactions: Kreator

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Hughes is younger and putting up similar numbers. The one game I watched Makar play he had 4 points and he basically did nothing on 3 of goals. Pass it to Mack and watch like the rest of us.
That's a big part of his game. Now that Rant is back Makar bad seen his points drop. Q is a one man entry show who is a year younger and does way more lifting than Makar. And yes I have watched every Avs game, and Makar has had some nice rushes but nothing like Q does on a nightly basis. This is a pointless thread since there is no such thing as a neutral fan when it comes to the Nucks. The team is hated for all the ass kicking it handed out during the WCE and the Sedin era.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Avs fans should feel safe and welcome to post here, as should any other fan. If they aren’t breaking any rules they shouldn’t be insulted or told to leave for expressing their opinion. Sorry to all Avs fans who might be reading this and feeling unsafe right now. To the toxic Canucks fans who are doing this, it’s not a good look knock it off.
Maybe find them a safe space to hangout in? Oh no we called out a troll and hurt other trolls in the process.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The Devils have no young cost-controlled pieces that come use to Hughes. For the first time since the 80s we have an elite franchise type D, who literally gets better game by game and you would move him?

I wouldn’t move Hughes. I just want to be clear about that. However - if the Devils went loco and offered everything but the kitchen sink to reunite the Hughes brothers, I would absolutely look at it and would atleast consider it. But like you said however - if they don’t really have any long cost controlled assets signed long term (O haven’t checked their cap), then it would be a deal breaker.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I wouldn’t move Hughes. I just want to be clear about that. However - if the Devils went loco and offered everything but the kitchen sink to reunite the Hughes brothers, I would absolutely look at it and would atleast consider it. But like you said however - if they don’t really have any long cost controlled assets signed long term (O haven’t checked their cap), then it would be a deal breaker.
shouldn't we we inquiring about Jack now when his value is depressed?? :huh:

why is this thread still unlocked indeed??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->