Would You Trade Hughes for Makar Straight Up?

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
If from this troll thread insecure Avs fans want to hear that Makar is better, yes he’s better, he’s also the best defenceman in the NHL and should definitely win the Norris this year. I would trade Pettersson and Hughes for Makar! He’s going to be better than Bobby Orr!!

Mods please lock this thread. We like Hughes, Avs fans like Makar. Good luck to both of them.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
If from this troll thread insecure Avs fans want to hear that Makar is better, yes he’s better, he’s also the best defenceman in the NHL and should definitely win the Norris this year. I would trade Pettersson and Hughes for Makar! He’s going to be better than Bobby Orr!!

Mods please lock this thread. We like Hughes, Avs fans like Makar. Good luck to both of them.
Geezes effing christ.

How the eff do you get from the below message that op is insecure and op wants to hear that Makar is better?

Project much?

xVXmwju.gif

ZIibW9o.png

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Geezes effing christ.

How the eff do you get from the below message that op is insecure and op wants to hear that Makar is better?

Project much?

xVXmwju.gif

ZIibW9o.png

Lol if you think it was a genuine question from OP and not about gloating. Check out OP’s history.

Reactions: flying v 604

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't have a clear preference, really. Makar is the safer choice, but I like how dynamic Hughes is more.

Unpopular opinion, but if we're this protective and sensitive about the idea of Avs fans coming in to give their equally biased two cents, then we're just as big of insecure, arrogant homers as they are, in my opinion.

When we post a poll in our own forum comparing one of our players to one from another team, you never hear that complaint thrown around about how it's just an excuse to gloat and pat ourselves on our backs, when the exact same skepticism is applicable and likely true. Shouldn't change how you engage with the question, really (especially when it isn't deliberately phrased in a misleading way).

Never agreed with that aspect of hockey fandom/tribalism. I'd prefer if discussion about the Canucks involved both hockey fans who like them and who dislike them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Club

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Geezes effing christ.

Project much?

xVXmwju.gif

ZIibW9o.png

Because the conversation in the other thread prior to this thread being created. It's essentially a "lookit all the dumb Canuck fans that think Hughes > Makar" thread.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Because the conversation in the other thread prior to this thread being created. It's essentially a "lookit all the dumb Canuck fans that think Hughes > Makar" thread.
On the flip-side, when we hear word that people view a player comparison differently than we do and get into arguments about them, we often start a poll about it in our own forum with broadly the same kind of purpose. The other conversation may be worth trashing, I have no idea, but this thread specifically is nothing worth getting up in arms about.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018

McDavid Tier.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Avs fans should feel safe and welcome to post here, as should any other fan. If they aren’t breaking any rules they shouldn’t be insulted or told to leave for expressing their opinion. Sorry to all Avs fans who might be reading this and feeling unsafe right now. To the toxic Canucks fans who are doing this, it’s not a good look knock it off.

Reactions: Makar27

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I wouldn't. They're very equal players, but I would give the edge to Makar. I think Hughes is more suited for the Canucks style of play like someone else said. I enjoy his edgework way too much. Hughes is better defensively too imo, but Makar is overall the better player forsure.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Avs fans should feel safe and welcome to post here, as should any other fan. If they aren’t breaking any rules they shouldn’t be insulted or told to leave for expressing their opinion. Sorry to all Avs fans who might be reading this and feeling unsafe right now. To the toxic Canucks fans who are doing this, it’s not a good look knock it off.
Lol shut up or go make a thread on the Avs sub forum about the same thing and see if you get "safe" treatment. OP is an obvious troll and those of you defending it are the same people who probably get pushed around and shrug it off in real life. Grow a pair.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Geezes effing christ.

Project much?

xVXmwju.gif

ZIibW9o.png
Trying to shove an already overrated player down our throats on the Canucks sub forum is an obvious troll and/or completely insecure. What do you think OP was trying to get out of it? Either people say they'd rather keep Hughes and he thinks they're all wrong or he's trying to get us to pump Makars tires.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
OP is an obvious troll and those of you defending it are the same people who probably get pushed around and shrug it off in real life. Grow a pair.
What even is this? How old are you? Maybe stick to reddit.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
What even is this? How old are you? Maybe stick to reddit.
His comments are strange but not as strange as this thread. Neither Hughes or Makar are getting traded. They are both great young players. Stop being so insecure all the time canucks fans!

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
His comments are strange but not as strange as this thread. Neither Hughes or Makar are getting traded. They are both great young players. Stop being so insecure all the time Avs fans!

Canucks fans aren’t insecure, just annoyed.

Last edited:

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
His comments are strange but not as strange as this thread. Neither Hughes or Makar are getting traded. They are both great young players. Stop being so insecure all the time canucks fans!
My comments aren't strange bud, but yeah this thread is stupid and should be locked/deleted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad