Would you rather have this Leafs or Jets group of four young forwards?

Which group would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Personally I think it's close. Just curious though, what makes Roslovic that much better than Brown, Kapanen or Johnsson, who all had similar numbers in the AHL, aside from position?

This is what I was talking about earlier, Leaf fans expect the compared players to be vastly better or else it’s “to close to call”(/ even/ in the Leaf players favour).

Roslovic has more PPG in the NHL and PPG in the AHL this season, he is actually much better than anyone in this poll and has the highest ceiling.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Lol no they didn’t, Roslovic had over a PPG and is year younger than each of them. Also when has Roslovic had PowerPlay time?
They we're seperated by fractions of a point. All 3 players have been PPG in the AHL.
There's only 6 months between kapanen and Roslovic. Johansson is older though.
And it looks like Roslovic gets over a minute of PP time per game.

If your gonna nitpick about stats, at least get your own right.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
They we're seperated by fractions of a point. All 3 players have been PPG in the AHL.
There's only 6 months between kapanen and Roslovic. Johansson is older though.
And it looks like Roslovic gets over a minute of PP time per game.

If your gonna nitpick about stats, at least get your own right.

Lol I did get it right.

Roslovic(21, D+ 3)
AHL: 1.09 PPG
NHL: 0.41 PPG

Kapanen(21, D+ 4):
AHL: 0.86 PPG
NHL: 0.28 PPG

Johnsson(23, D+ 5):
AHL: 1.00 PPG
NHL: 0.2 PPG

The issue with that is the fact neither Leafs players have had over a Point Per Game, Roslovic has. Also if I should mention all of Roslovics Points happen to be Even Stregth, so you can complain about he Power Play all you want.

How are you pitpicking me, I was asking a question, I didn’t get anything wrong(so your actually wrong there). Don’t nippick me for being wrong when you where wrong(in saying that Johnsson and Kapanen have just as good AHL numbers).

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
This is what I was talking about earlier, Leaf fans expect the compared players to be vastly better or else it’s “to close to call”(/ even/ in the Leaf players favour).

Roslovic has more PPG in the NHL and PPG in the AHL this season, he is actually much better than anyone in this poll and has the highest ceiling.

Relax, I voted for the Jets here first of all.

Second of all, Roslovic's 30 NHL games is a far cry from Brown's 164. His 0.85PPG in the AHL isnt all that different than Brown's 0.82. And that isnt even considering that Brown is one of Toronto's best PKers and defensive forwards.

His resume isnt all that better than Kapanen or Johsson, who both had ~0.79 PPG in the AHL.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Relax, I voted for the Jets here first of all.

Second of all, Roslovic's 30 NHL games is a far cry from Brown's 164. His 0.85PPG in the AHL isnt all that different than Brown's 0.82. And that isnt even considering that Brown is one of Toronto's best PKers and defensive forwards.

His resume isnt all that better than Kapanen or Johsson, who both had ~0.79 PPG in the AHL.

But the issue with that is the fact Roslovic is the youngest of that bunch and has the best resume of any of the players in the poll.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Lol I did get it right.

Roslovic(21, D+ 3)
AHL: 1.09 PPG
NHL: 0.41 PPG

Kapanen(21, D+ 4):
AHL: 0.86 PPG
NHL: 0.28 PPG

Johnsson(23, D+ 5):
AHL: 1.00 PPG
NHL: 0.2 PPG

The issue with that is the fact neither Leafs players have had over a Point Per Game, Roslovic has. Also if I should mention all of Roslovics Points happen to be Even Stregth, so you can complain about he Power Play all you want.

How are you pitpicking me, I was asking a question, I didn’t get anything wrong(so your actually wrong there). Don’t nippick me for being wrong when you where wrong(in saying that Johnsson and Kapanen have just as good AHL numbers).

Convenient exclusion of Kapanen's PPG season in the A just a year prior. His numbers dropped slightly but it was a smaller sample size, and he was being yo-yoed up to the big club.

Lets lay down all the facts. The career AHL difference between Roslovic and Kapanen/Johnsson is 0.06PPG which works out to ~5 points over 82 games. Marginally significant when you consider that Kapanen and Johnsson are both strong defensive players not only in the AHL but the NHL as well.

Now I can make additional excuses as well, Kapanen's first season in the A he was one of the youngest player to ever play in the league, Johnsson won the SHL ROY (which in recent years has gone to star NHL players more often than not), and both Johnsson and Kapanen had to adjust to smaller ice in the first year while Roslovic came straight from college. But the facts prior to that is enough evidence to say that it is already close amongst these 3 and no additional information is needed.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
But the issue with that is the fact Roslovic is the youngest of that bunch and has the best resume of any of the players in the poll.

Roslovic is 6 months, almost to the day, younger than Kapanen and his resume, like I mentioned in my last post, is marginally different if at all.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Convenient exclusion of Kapanen's PPG season in the A just a year prior. His numbers dropped slightly but it was a smaller sample size, and he was being yo-yoed up to the big club.

Lets lay down all the facts. The career AHL difference between Roslovic and Kapanen/Johnsson is 0.06PPG which works out to ~5 points over 82 games. Marginally significant when you consider that Kapanen and Johnsson are both strong defensive players not only in the AHL but the NHL as well.

Now I can make additional excuses as well, Kapanen's first season in the A he was one of the youngest player to ever play in the league, Johnsson won the SHL ROY (which in recent years has gone to star NHL players more often than not), and both Johnsson and Kapanen had to adjust to smaller ice in the first year while Roslovic came straight from college. But the facts prior to that is enough evidence to say that it is already close amongst these 3 and no additional information is needed.

I’m not making excuses because I am aware who the better player is(I can look at the stats and figure that out pretty easily), Roslovic is the youngest player on the board here and yeah you can make a 6 month excuse but it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s an additional year of development. When the youngest player and least developed has the highest PPG it usually means they are better. It’s really not close with Roslovics overall performance thus far.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I’m not making excuses because I am aware who the better player is(I can look at the stats and figure that out pretty easily), Roslovic is the youngest player on the board here and yeah you can make a 6 month excuse but it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s an additional year of development. When the youngest player and least developed has the highest PPG it usually means they are better. It’s really not close with Roslovics overall performance thus far.

Again, im not saying either are better than Roslovic. If I had to choose, I'd probably pick him of the bunch. But youre fooling yourself if you dont think it is close. Ive made that clear using the same metrics you are. The production difference is marginally significant, he is the worst defensively of the 3 (if you include Brown as well), and you are completely ignoring years prior to the AHL.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This may get taken as an insult, but it is seriously not meant be one.

Why are people so high on Hyman now? Not saying he isn’t a good player but I just remember a lot of people last year saying that Matthews was carrying him/Matthews was stuck playing with him. Has he improved a great deal?

Just want a legitimate answer without this turning into a flame war.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad