Would you rather have this Leafs or Jets group of four young forwards?

Which group would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Kept it to players 25 years or younger who will likely comprise the depth roles for both teams going forward:

Leafs: Hyman, Brown, Kapanen, and Johnsson

or

Jets: Armia, Copp, Lowry, and Roslovic

Reactions: SotasicA

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
It's extremely close, all are likely top 9, heart and soul players one way or another. One of those guys, in either group, becoming a more significant piece moving forward will leapfrog one of them into the top (if it does happen).

If we're judging pure ceiling and who can become a ~top 6 player or higher, Kapanen/Johnsson have the best shot for the Leafs...Roslovic for the Jets. Lowry is a wildcard, he could become a very valuable player down the line but I don't think his upside is that high.....his worth can be higher than everyone on that list if they don't make strides.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
It's extremely close, all are likely top 9, heart and soul players one way or another. One of those guys, in either group, becoming a more significant piece moving forward will leapfrog one of them into the top (if it does happen).

If we're judging pure ceiling and who can become a ~top 6 player or higher, Kapanen/Johnsson have the best shot for the Leafs...Roslovic for the Jets. Lowry is a wildcard, he could become a very valuable player down the line but I don't think his upside is that high.....his worth can be higher than everyone on that list if they don't make strides.

Lowry is already one of the jets more important pieces
big body in front of net and shuts down top lines

we're not looking for a lot of points from him

3 out of 4 of those jets are actually centres too

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Copp is the weak link here.

Roslovic
Kapanen
Brown/Armia/Johnsson
Hyman/Lowry
Copp

Close but leafs

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Voted Leafs because I'm more familiar with them.
I think it's close. Anyone who says otherwise I think is wrong.

Cough, Cough... Every non-Leafs fan...

Copp is the weak link here.

Roslovic
Kapanen
Brown/Armia/Johnsson
Hyman/Lowry
Copp

Close but leafs

Rikes... Johnston’s a little high and Lowry is quite low, don’t you think?

This is the issue with many Leaf polls, the compared Player(s) has to completely blow the Leaf player out of the water or else it’s always in the Leafs favour somehow(and if it is comparing a guy who is much better than the Leaf player then there are complaints of fairness... Its always gonna be determined by “it’s close but Leafs”...

1. Roslovic
2. Hyman
3. Lowry
4. Kapanen
5. Armia
6. Brown
7. Copp
8. Johnsson

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm high on Lowry and Roslovic will be the best player of them all. So it's Jets.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Cough, Cough... Every non-Leafs fan...

Rikes... Johnston’s a little high and Lowry is quite low, don’t you think?

This is the issue with many Leaf polls, the compared Player(s) has to completely blow the Leaf player out of the water or else it’s always in the Leafs favour somehow(and if it is comparing a guy who is much better than the Leaf player then there are complaints of fairness... Its always gonna be determined by “it’s close but Leafs”...

1. Roslovic
2. Hyman
3. Lowry
4. Kapanen
5. Armia
6. Brown
7. Copp
8. Johnsson
On your list, Hyman and Lowry way too high, Kapanen and Johnsson way too low. Johnsson has been a very good prospect for a while. And Hyman wouldn't be very good offensively without his linemates.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Johnsson has played 5 games, can guarantee most non-Leafs fans have no idea who he even is, or the type of game he plays. So it makes no sense that he was included.

Other than that Hyman is the most valuable player as one of the top penalty killers in the league (he also happens to have the most points of anyone listed). Have to go with the Leafs, that’s just a lot of speed and two-way play.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I gave a 'like' just because, despite the title, this was not another Matthews/Laine thread.

I picked the Leafs quartet, but it's actually too close to call just yet.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

Lowry is a very valuable player..
He is not a scorer but he is good for 15 goals ina full season.
But what he brings to the table is what completes a hockey team with all those high power offensive forwards.

6'6" in your face very solid defensive shutdown Center. Who will grind and pound the line he plays against with.
He plays against top lines and one of the key players in the much imporved Jets pk.

Roslovic ceiling is 2C.
Copp is mr. Versitility
He can slide in any lines. Pinch hit in the top line if someone goes down. But his value is riding lw to Lowrys line.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Can't wait till next season when johnson and Kapanen are 40 point players and make this poll look stupid

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Surprised by the results. Makes me wonder how many posters actually watch the Leafs and Jets. The Jets are my 2nd team and I can say with 100% certainty that the Leafs group are better players.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Can't wait till next season when johnson and Kapanen are 40 point players and make this poll look stupid

Kapanen has 9 points in 32 games, Johnson has one in his 5 games. Do you really think they'll be 40 point players?

I think Roslovic has the best chance of being an impact player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->