Would you rather have this Leafs or Jets group of four young forwards?

Which group would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Kapanen has 9 points in 32 games, Johnson has one in his 5 games. Do you really think they'll be 40 point players?

I think Roslovic has the best chance of being an impact player.
Yepp, next season.
Playing 4th line now with no PP time will do that.

Both had ahl stats as good as Roslovic.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Lots of people sleeping on Lowry here.

The point totals aren't there but we really missed him when he was gone.

Not only does he play a big physical game, he plays a very big role in shutting the other team down.

He's like Armia in the sense that, if you look only at point totals, you'd think they were scrubs.

Reactions: snowkiddin

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Personally I think it's close. Just curious though, what makes Roslovic that much better than Brown, Kapanen or Johnsson, who all had similar numbers in the AHL, aside from position?

Reactions: LeafsNation75

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Yepp, next season.
Playing 4th line now with no PP time will do that.

Both had ahl stats as good as Roslovic.

Do you expect them to move up the lineup? Maybe a spot opens up if JVR is not re-signed?

Close, but not quite as good. Kapanen, 0.79 PPG over 119 games, Johnson, 0.78 in 129 games, Roslovic, 0.86 in 97 games.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This thread and results just confirm to me that most people on here don't know much about other teams depth players out side of stats. The Jets players are real solid depth guys and any team is lucky to have them however the Leaf players are more skilled, faster etc. If they played 4 0n 4 the Leafs group would smoke the Jets group.

Reactions: FishManSam

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
This thread and results just confirm to me that most people on here don't know much about other teams depth players out side of stats. The Jets players are real solid depth guys and any team is lucky to have them however the Leaf players are more skilled, faster etc. If they played 4 0n 4 the Leafs group would smoke the Jets group.

I don't know about "smoke", but yes I agree. The Jets players are probably not quite as skilled, but more dependable defensively and probably better suited for third / fourth line roles outside of Roslovic. They are still very valuable though.

Reactions: remote

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Do you expect them to move up the lineup? Maybe a spot opens up if JVR is not re-signed?

Close, but not quite as good. Kapanen, 0.79 PPG over 119 games, Johnson, 0.78 in 129 games, Roslovic, 0.86 in 97 games.
Yeah they should both move up. Bozak is guaranteed gone, komarov likely as well and JVR is 50/50

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Copp and Lowry are checkers and pk players. They have fantastic possession numbers when played together. Armia's probably the most skilled player in this group, it just doesn't translate to offense as well as others. Roslovic has the highest potential out of anyone here, maybe Kapanen is similar but I'd give the edge to Roslovic.

Both groups are good. Johnsson has a really small sample size so it's hard to judge him. Brown and Hyman are solid middle 6 guys. Kapanen is the wild card to me, I think he could be a top 6 player in the right situation. With the depth the Leafs have it's more likely he fits into a third line role, although with JVR and Bozak likely leaving there will be some room to move players around next year.

I went with our guys but I wouldn't fault anyone who went with the Leafs group.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Copp and Lowry are checkers and pk players. They have fantastic possession numbers when played together. Armia's probably the most skilled player in this group, it just doesn't translate to offense as well as others. Roslovic has the highest potential out of anyone here, maybe Kapanen is similar but I'd give the edge to Roslovic.

Both groups are good. Johnsson has a really small sample size so it's hard to judge him. Brown and Hyman are solid middle 6 guys. Kapanen is the wild card to me, I think he could be a top 6 player in the right situation. With the depth the Leafs have it's more likely he fits into a third line role, although with JVR and Bozak likely leaving there will be some room to move players around next year.

Pretty much how I feel. I'd go with the Jets group just because theyre a bit more proven

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey

Finally, a Jets fan that speaks sense. Cheers. :thumbu:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Hyman and Brown are depth players and Kapanen and Johnsson haven't proven anything the Jets have 4 of the 6 most valuable pieces here.

Just curious how you classify Hyman as "depth players" and rate all the Jets forwards above them when both of them have have more career points in fewer career games than Copp and Armia, and would definitely have more than Lowry who has played 100+ more games than either of the pair.

Clearly you are coming into this discussion with either and anti-Leafs bias or no clue at all what you are talking about

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Jets AINEC.

Mind you, Connor Brown is involved in this poll so you never know. Leafs fans didn't want to trade him for Trouba a few months ago:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/trouba-to-toronto.2395933/

Laughable.

Nice straw man argument you have there.

The thread you linked proposes Brown + Dermott + 1st for Trouba which is clearly not what you are trying to indicate

Dermott has been amazing for us this season, it is obvious why Leafs fans aren't eager to give him up.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com

The thread you linked proposes Brown + Dermott + 1st for Trouba which is clearly not what you are trying to indicate

Dermott has been amazing for us this season, it is obvious why Leafs fans aren't eager to give him up.

Try reading the thread a few pages before calling people out. You will find several Leafs fans who don't want to give up Connor Brown for Trouba.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

his goal is obviously to come up with lame "gotcha!" moments for Leafs fans that don't even make sense, rather than actually discuss hockey

member 147413

I don't know about "smoke", but yes I agree. The Jets players are probably not quite as skilled, but more dependable defensively and probably better suited for third / fourth line roles outside of Roslovic. They are still very valuable though.
Hyman, Kapanen, Johnsson and Brown are all very defensively responsible and important PKers.

People do not watch the Leafs.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Try reading the thread a few pages before calling people out. You will find several Leafs fans who don't want to give up Connor Brown for Trouba.

And there are threads where Jets fans proclaim that Kyle Connor will be better than Mitch Marner (who was supposedly the next Sam Gagner too).

What do a few extreme opinions (and possible trolls) have to do with anything?

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And there are threads where Jets fans proclaim that Kyle Connor will be better than Mitch Marner (who was supposedly the next Sam Gagner too).

Kyle Connor is a 21 year old 30 goal scoring top line winger... his floor at this point is marner

Reactions: libertarian

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com

Sure. I have always had Marner ahead of Connor personally. But Connor Brown > Trouba is faaaaaar more extreme than Kyle Connor > Mitch Marner. Not even in the same universe.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
his goal is obviously to come up with lame "gotcha!" moments for Leafs fans that don't even make sense, rather than actually discuss hockey

You are incapable of arguing anything with consistency...

"40 goals as a 19 year old > 43 goals in 10 less games as a 19 year old. Eichel is a year older than Marner. Matthews is actually only 7 months older than Laine. Under 21 combined goal scoring totals are very important stat for determining how good the young core is when measured specifically during the 2016-17 season. For the 2017-18 season, however, its mostly irrelevant. Even strength goals is the most important statistical category and power play points are worth much less than ESP unless we are talking about Mitch Marner or Morgan Rielly in which case, they are worth the same as ESP maybe even moreso. Toronto has the deepest forward core in the league but all their player's production is negatively impacted because they have terrible linemates"....etc etc etc. The list is endless.

If you want to talk hockey (rather than just auto-voting Leafs in every thread/poll), try making a point with a shred of credibility. If you make a bunch of hypocritical arguments, you are going to get called out for it. Its very simple.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You are incapable of arguing anything with consistency...

"40 goals as a 19 year old > 43 goals in 10 less games as a 19 year old. Eichel is a year older than Marner. Matthews is actually only 7 months older than Laine. Under 21 combined goal scoring totals are very important stat for determining how good the young core is when measured specifically during the 2016-17 season. For the 2017-18 season, however, its mostly irrelevant. Even strength goals is the most important statistical category and power play points are worth much less than ESP unless we are talking about Mitch Marner or Morgan Rielly in which case, they are worth the same as ESP maybe even moreso. Toronto has the deepest forward core in the league but all their player's production is negatively impacted because they have terrible linemates"....etc etc etc. The list is endless.

If you want to talk hockey (rather than just auto-voting Leafs in every thread/poll), try making a point with a shred of credibility. If you make a bunch of hypocritical arguments, you are going to get called out for it. Its very simple.
I honestly have no clue what you're doing here. Why are you making up things I've never said only to talk about credibility in your very next paragraph? this is sad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad