Would you become a fan of a new Toronto team?

Leafspoison*

I'm older then you most likely.....I was at the Last Stanley cup parade...

I would think it would be more easy for a younger person who has not been a life long Leaf fan to go.....my point still stands....go now and cheer for another team as real fans are fans no matter what!

suffer until you die then. I am still a leaf fan but a toronto fan first. So, if and when a new team comes, I will be saying good bye to that human misery machine called the leafs.

And if you put your own kid on the team, that should be considered child abuse.

I will suffer now for awhile longer, but the clock is ticking.

You go now....to that alcoholic meeting you are late for, because we all must be stupid to watch such a mess for almost 50 years.

The leaf addiction is stronger than a crack addiction. There is no cure.

Leafspoison*

suffer until you die then. I am still a leaf fan but a toronto fan first. So, if and when a new team comes, I will be saying good bye to that human misery machine called the leafs.

You go now....to that alcoholic meeting you are late for, because we all must be stupid to watch such a mess for almost 50 years.

And, I was 4 when they last won the cup.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

You may think you're a Leaf fan but you're not.

See ya.

Leafspoison*

No, I will hate anyone of you that switched teams.

You are a traitor.

Hate is such a mean word. Doesn't matter who you cheer for, the beer tastes the same. chillax and enjoy your family. Don't let the stresses of the Leafs bring you down.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hate is such a mean word. Doesn't matter who you cheer for, the beer tastes the same. chillax and enjoy your family. Don't let the stresses of the Leafs bring you down.

It sounds like you need to practice what you preach.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
New team obvious big success. 36% of Leaf fans would support it, so maybe half of the anti Leaf fans would also supports it. Money money money.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I never understand the people who want to jump ship. With centre ice, game centre live and a few teams within driving distance, why not jump ship now?

Buffalo is less than 2 hours away from Toronto and tickets are cheap.

Detroit isn't a far drive and tickets are also pretty cheap.

Why does it have to be a "city team" if you can still see a few games a year live and watch them on tv whenever you want.

Then again, I dont consider anyone who can jump ship to be a "fan".

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Your name on here alone states all I need to know....you are not a Leaf fan and have never been one...so go somewhere else and post your rubbish.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I'll treat it like a race: whoever gets to the playoffs first gets my support.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I think a lot of the "$*#@ anyone who changes team" crowd is under the delusion that every Leaf fan lives in Toronto. There are many, many fans in Hamilton who are Leaf fans because its essentially a hometown team, but I can guarantee they would (as would/will I) if a team ever came to Hamilton.

I can't understand why anyone would switch from the Leafs to Toronto 2 however, or why people want to switch based on the Leafs being bad. I've only followed hockey since the year after the '05 lockout (not that long in comparison with the average fan obviously) and I've been a Leaf fan 100% of the time. I've seen a total of 7 playoff games in those 10 years. I have no interest in any other NHL team, and I can't understand how someone can "switch" teams on a whim without some sort of geographical/hometown factor.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
As AWFUL as they've been, I've been a fan for all my life and can't/won't switch allegiances. I might cheer for a second team when they're not playing the Leafs but there's no way I'd support them over the LEafs.

Its just like how even though the Lakers are at the bottom of the league, they're more popular in every county of California than the Clippers even though the Clippers have a good team.

To me, the reason I follow sports teams is because I have a team that is "mine" (the local team that I grew up with) and the point of being a fan is to experience the highs and the lows (although between the Leafs, Jays and Raptors I think I've experienced more than my fair share of lows...). I can't just jump ship because one team is doing better. Its the main reason why I can't get too much into the NFL - I don't have a dog in the fight.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I think a lot of the "$*#@ anyone who changes team" crowd is under the delusion that every Leaf fan lives in Toronto. There are many, many fans in Hamilton who are Leaf fans because its essentially a hometown team, but I can guarantee they would (as would/will I) if a team ever came to Hamilton.

I can't understand why anyone would switch from the Leafs to Toronto 2 however, or why people want to switch based on the Leafs being bad. I've only followed hockey since the year after the '05 lockout (not that long in comparison with the average fan obviously) and I've been a Leaf fan 100% of the time. I've seen a total of 7 playoff games in those 10 years. I have no interest in any other NHL team, and I can't understand how someone can "switch" teams on a whim without some sort of geographical/hometown factor.
Here is the situation. It's Friday night, Leafs are in Columbus the next day. Chicago is coming to town to play Toronto2 Saturday night. You can go to the game for 75 bucks. Do you go or pass? I'm going.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
There's a lot of suckers and gullible fans here - who would still cheer for this joke of a franchise that has a board of directors that laugh at you, obviously.

Any rational fan would look to see what the new Toronto team offers.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
If Toronto 2 is in the WC what would be wrong with following/supporting both teams?

Yeah sure, they'll play each other twice a year and by some miracle would meet in the SCF......dilemma :help:

But I'd love the opportunity to cheer on a new hometown team and double my hockey intake.

I have NO interest in following the Sabres or Wings or Sens etc. None. Don't care how easy it would be to get into a new team. If it's not in Toronto I don't have interest.

Toronto 2 though, if in the WC, absolutely I'm gonna watch at least their first season. If I get hooked and become a fan? Oh the horror!

Toronto should have at least 2 teams IMO. Give us 5!!!

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
If Toronto 2 is in the WC what would be wrong with following/supporting both teams?

Yeah sure, they'll play each other twice a year and by some miracle would meet in the SCF......dilemma :help:

But I'd love the opportunity to cheer on a new hometown team and double my hockey intake.

I have NO interest in following the Sabres or Wings or Sens etc. None. Don't care how easy it would be to get into a new team. If it's not in Toronto I don't have interest.

Toronto 2 though, if in the WC, absolutely I'm gonna watch at least their first season. If I get hooked and become a fan? Oh the horror!

Toronto should have at least 2 teams IMO. Give us 5!!!
I'm waiting for Sabres or Wings or Sens fans to come entice me.... don't ya want me to join up? :D

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Here is the situation. It's Friday night, Leafs are in Columbus the next day. Chicago is coming to town to play Toronto2 Saturday night. You can go to the game for 75 bucks. Do you go or pass? I'm going.

Theres a difference between going to games and switching team allegiance. I've gone a Sens game when I've been in Ottawa, but I sure as hell am not a Sens fan.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Is it wrong for a fan to cheer for two teams? And then the leafs when those two teams play?
Why would it be? I cheer for more than two. :) It makes no logical sense to cheer for the Leafs - for me. I finally woke up years ago. The last time they really made a playoff push in the early 2000s but they never tried to get past semi-contender/pretender status. They always trade their high picks for past-their-prime players who were big name stars on previous teams. MLSE, Teachers Union, now Rogers/Bell...the Leafs can take for granted, the fans and count all their loonies as they endlessly pile up but the stupid fans are always disappointed.

I don't care what Leaf fans call me. They can go cheer all they want. Paint your faces blue and white and be a fool if you want. They won't win except by accident. Their management has been incompetent for more than a decade and their ownership only cares about $$$ to an unlimited excess. There won't be a proper rebuild with this ownership and it's no different than it was when it was just MLSE alone. Have fun, suckers. I think fans who would consider a 2nd Toronto franchise to be more sane, practical, logical and more likely to have a chance at a better sports franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad