GDT: R1:G5 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 30th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Yeah its possible he goes somewhere random who will just pay big money, his wife is from Toronto but he is not going there obviosuly. I wonder if takes a flyer on Detroit possibly, its only a matter of time til they're legit contenders
It would be different if he didn't win anything yet, but I can't imagine him still caring about Cup chasing anymore considering he has two.

This offseason for him has bank account padding written all over it.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
In one post, you express with certainty the future of a player that just finished his season yesterday. That’s a nice crystal ball you have.

Then, mock my post for saying a player that is underperforming and overexpressing with his teammates openly mocking him on the bench, kinda seems like a loser. So, far, Columbus is a bit of a loser organization so they ‘fit.’ Him and Johnny Trademark will run up the points and do, well, nothing else…like win.
He has a NMC and he has 1 year left on his contract before becoming a UFA. SO, why in the f*** would Marner accept a deal to Columbus instead of finishing his contract in his hometown playing with Matthews? But according, to your genius mind he has Columbus written all over him. Just throwing shit up against the wall.

And if you think Marner is not respected in that locker room over Nylander then you got no clue.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
He has a NMC and he has 1 year left on his contract before becoming a UFA. SO, why in the f*** would Marner accept a deal to Columbus instead of finishing his contract in his hometown playing with Matthews? But according, to your genius mind he has Columbus written all over him. Just throwing shit up against the wall.

And if you think Marner is not respected in that locker room over Nylander then you got no clue.
Ok, you must have an incredible crystal ball. Carry on.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Ok, you must have an incredible crystal ball. Carry on.
WTF are you talking about.
YOU were the one who is claiming shit, like Marner has Columbus written all over it.
On what basis? A rumour? Intel? what?
I would love to know how you connected these dots

Because, his contract details - CAP hit, NMC, which means he cannot be waived or traded without his consent makes him virtually UNMOVABLE!
And the fact he is playing alongside the best pure goal scorer since Ovechkin.
Not a crystal ball - facts.

Ain't carrying on - Come at me, bro.

Last edited:

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Ultimately you build around 8, 13, 14, 30.

Everyone else, no reasonable offer refused

If "some changes" include letting go/trading away JGP, Martin, Clutter, Aho, Wahlstrom, Fasching, Holmstrom, Bolduc, Pelech, Mayfield, Bortuzzo, Engvall, and for the right deal, Nelson and Palms, then yeah, a some changes should do it.
probably what's needed, but no team can do that amount of turnover in one offseason - let the UFA's walk maybe bring back Reilly; see if you can move two forwards and a d-man

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
If "some changes" include letting go/trading away JGP, Martin, Clutter, Aho, Wahlstrom, Fasching, Holmstrom, Bolduc, Pelech, Mayfield, Bortuzzo, Engvall, and for the right deal, Nelson and Palms, then yeah, a some changes should do it.

None of that qualifies as a rebuild.

A rebuild is trading Barzal, Horvat, Dobson, and Sorokin for futures.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
So at the arena, they never showed a clear replay of why the penalty shot was called. Given it looked like a typical crease melee, I've never seen a PS called in that circumstance. Can anyone tell me who did what and was it legit?

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
Good news is they played hard and they were not swept the better news is that we did NOT get ousted/beat by the Rangers but the reality is that this team just does not have the horses or the talent. Do it the right way and stop procrastinating and just BLOW THIS THING UP and start over from scratch = fire the GM and gut the roster as IMO not a single player is untouchable or replaceable and in 3 or 4 years we might actually have a franchise capable of beating the big boys------IF you keep things the same then expect the same results.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Of course a fan favorite isn’t playing good what else could it be.
Dobson got hurt late in the season and didn’t come back until the playoffs. He didn’t do anything remotely like what he did in the regular season. I’m glad you think it was solely him off his game instead of him playing hurt and trying to do what he can without getting more injured. JGP played the 2nd ECF trip with a messed up hand and his play struggled then. I guess that was just not playing well too.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
So at the arena, they never showed a clear replay of why the penalty shot was called. Given it looked like a typical crease melee, I've never seen a PS called in that circumstance. Can anyone tell me who did what and was it legit?

Romanov reached out with his hand and covered the puck for a moment to prevent anyone from playing it, then pushed it away from the crease. You cannot cover the puck like that in the crease, even for a second so the penalty shot was called. It's a legit call despite how upset some fans were.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
1e207bf7-f7aa-4899-92f0-ebb2a0fcca2d_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lek and MJF

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Just saw a replay of the game.

All that makes me think Lou was up in his press box contemplating, "Just need to find a way to bring back Reilly and we can start giving this thing another shot next fall."

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Random thoughts.

Tony DeAngelo broken hand? Oh no!!! lol

It's embarrassing watching cokehead Kuznetsov take penalty shots. WTF. Between that and the dumb bird thing, he needs to get punched in the face.

Most of game 2 and period 1 of game 5 were truly remarkable for the Canes. I hope the Rangers watch plenty of that game tape. Complete domination. Islanders could only hope to get it out of their zone and either ice it, or go for a shift change. Then the sequence would repeat.

But all in all, the games were close. Sucks to lose but the better team deserved it.

2nd round should see some awesome hockey.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Just saw a replay of the game.

All that makes me think Lou was up in his press box contemplating, "Just need to find a way to bring back Reilly and we can start giving this thing another shot next fall."
His next thought was "how many years should I offer Palmieri? He is invaluable to the future success of this team",

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
Random thoughts.

It's embarrassing watching cokehead Kuznetsov take penalty shots. WTF. Between that and the dumb bird thing, he needs to get punched in the face.

Most of game 2 and period 1 of game 5 were truly remarkable for the Canes. I hope the Rangers watch plenty of that game tape. Complete domination. Islanders could only hope to get it out of their zone and either ice it, or go for a shift change. Then the sequence would repeat.

But all in all, the games were close. Sucks to lose but the better team deserved it.

I used to hate that bird thing too but I read he does that for his daughter as she likes it, so I can't get mad at him for that. :)

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Random thoughts.

They’re crying about Deangelo with a broken hand? That’s like crying Rempe broke his elbow.

Reactions: beach

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Romanov put his hand on top of the puck in the crease. He was trying to move it but he still covered it with the palm of his glove.

Reactions: beach

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Rule question - if a player puts his hand on the puck in the crease (like Romanov obviously did) is the play automatically whistled dead or is it treated like a delayed penalty? Because I'm pretty sure the puck crossed the goal line after that. Shouldn't they just called it a goal? Or did they rule the Isles gained possession?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Rule question - if a player puts his hand on the puck in the crease (like Romanov obviously did) is the play automatically whistled dead or is it treated like a delayed penalty? Because I'm pretty sure the puck crossed the goal line after that. Shouldn't they just called it a goal? Or did they rule the Isles gained possession?

I'm not sure about the stoppage aspect but it didn't go anywhere near the goal line, it was slid over towards the corner where I think Nelson picked it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad