Post-Game Talk: Worst forward on the team with the GWG

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Newsflash, your post is completely irrelevant to what I said. It’s just you complaining more...so maybe it is relevant because you’re proving my point for me.

4 game winning streak and you disappear only to throw in the odd negative comment. Then the team loses a game and you’re the most active poster here. Wash, rinse, repeat.
I’m on vacation. Sorry that just happened to coincide with last nights win. I’ll try and schedule my vacations around the many lengthy losing streaks we’ve had next time.

It’s the ebbs and flows of the season. They have points in 8 of their last 9 games and nothing has changed. This team still needs upgrades at forward and defense. This hot stretch doesn’t change that at all. It’s great that they’re playing better but they needed to man up much earlier than this.

If this team needs a perfectly healthy defense to stay competitive then hoo boy do I have news for you.

Reactions: McCupofOil
Oct 15, 2008
Newsflash, your post is completely irrelevant to what I said. It’s just you complaining more...so maybe it is relevant because you’re proving my point for me.

4 game winning streak and you disappear only to throw in the odd negative comment. Then the team loses a game and you’re the most active poster here. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Dsf has revealed himself.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
its weird how nuge-mcdavid-kassian has had 5 games together and they are playing great. its ALMOST like putting together lines and letting them build chemistry is a good thing?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’m more concerned with the 18 month coma than the three weeks of good play. He better keep this up going into next year.

I'll always have time for Kassian due to his capability to play up the lineup and his physical presence. Not to mention he is hilarious :laugh:

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I'll always have time for Kassian due to his capability to play up the lineup and his physical presence. Not to mention he is hilarious :laugh:

and because you need to have a certain level of crazy on your team especially in the playoffs. when things go off the rails having a top 5 maniac that isnt afraid to cross lines is essential. tom wilson/ryan reeves these players get better when the games get rougher and dirtier aka playoff hockey.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
As much as I was supporting the full tank, it is important the team is playing meaningful games in March. We may be out of it by mid March or we might miss on the last day of the year by a point, but the fact the team is playing meaningful games is good for their psyche and helps building a positive culture and belief system. Yes there is the culture word, but winning breeds a positive culture, that is undeniable.

Just don't turn into the Arizona Coyotes or Florida Panthers who go on a March heater and fool the management into thinking that the team as it stands is good enough and "next year" they will break in. This team still requires serious work and depth.

But its fun to watch and way better than a seeing a death march to the end of the season.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Aerrol

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
he's playing some of his best hockey of his career and to still manage to find ways to crap on him...embarrassing
I’m crapping on him because he was a ghost after the playoffs ended. A little hot streak doesn’t suddenly erase that. If he keeps up this play going into next year then great. But Kassian has his reputation for a reason. If Hitchcock or whoever the next coach is slots him lower in the lineup, do you think he keeps this up?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I’m crapping on him because he was a ghost after the playoffs ended. A little hot streak doesn’t suddenly erase that. If he keeps up this play going into next year then great. But Kassian has his reputation for a reason. If Hitchcock or whoever the next coach is slots him lower in the lineup, do you think he keeps this up?
“A little hot streak” he’s been by far the most consistent winger since the new year.

Reactions: McCupofOil

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Unpopular opinion: I'd rather trade Larsson and keep Russell.

Russell is a warrior. Larsson likely has more value in a trade.

I know we need RHD more than LHD, but still.

Oh for sure, like this guy:

3w55.gif

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
you know, it's ok to be happy and positive for a player once and awhile
I know it hurt to be positive about something, but you should try it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad