Prospect Info: World Juniors 2019

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So he skates like Debrusk?

To early to tell I've only seen him for 6 periods but very real similar as far as straight ahead speed, but so far he just doesn't seem to have that quick acceleration or lateral movement but there's no questioning his speed once he gets moving.

It will be fun to watch him and Hall the rest of the tourney.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
To early to tell I've only seen him for 6 periods but very real similar as far as straight ahead speed, but so far he just doesn't seem to have that quick acceleration or lateral movement but there's no questioning his speed once he gets moving.

It will be fun to watch him and Hall the rest of the tourney.

I have seen Beecher live twice and on TV about 5
times. I have no idea how anyone can question
his skating ability. About the only criticism I
have is his skating posture is more upright than most
which means he can't utilize his edges as well as Zegras
or Turcotte. In another post I remarked about his backwards skating. This kid is a tremendous skater,
especially for an 18 yr old 6:03 kud.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can't believe what these people are looking at.
skating was a treat to watch, there are many here far better suited to assess a player than I but IMO, kid already has NHL speed, needs to improve other areas of his game but he`s a kid, not a finished product but I was figuratively salivating watching him and thinking how potentially dangerous and a handful he might well be in the near future with that big frame and excellent speed

Reactions: CDJ

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
What a horrendous game, Canada doesn't show up Lafreniere is hurt what a rough start for us Canadian Bruins fans. Not to mention Lauko is also done.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I have seen Beecher live twice and on TV about 5
times. I have no idea how anyone can question
his skating ability. About the only criticism I
have is his skating posture is more upright than most
which means he can't utilize his edges as well as Zegras
or Turcotte. In another post I remarked about his backwards skating. This kid is a tremendous skater,
especially for an 18 yr old 6:03 kud.

He can absolutely fly when he gets his wheels going there's no question there, but I haven't seen him cut change direction at a high rate of speed as of yet and he's bitten the dust a few times when trying to keep up with defenders defensively when they changed direction, I know this could be just him being to geared up, being over zealous, because everything I had read on him stated how great of a skater he is.

Im glad he' on the team and he will be fun to watch him play and see how he progresses throughout the Tournament.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Feel for the kid
Hope he is ok
But Ray Ferraro go away biggest homer
Watched the Sweden game with Craig Button and he was excellent really knew the players
I know he is a draft guy

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I was listening to the game and couldn't figure out why the Russian player was yelling at the Canadians after the anthem
Now I know...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad