Prospect Info: World Juniors 2019

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Was not impressed by the Americans. The goaltending was weak, the lines don’t make sense, and their style of play was awful. Skate around the perimeter and when you’re out of ideas lob a shot on net whether or not there is traffic there. The PP had no direction...

Beecher didn’t do much to stand out. His best play was probably the backcheck that led to a solo rush the other way but I didn’t feel like he flashed his top gear much, I didn’t see him power to the net at all. He did throw a few hits but he seemed to tire quickly... He looked very reserved offensively, not at all like the player from this summer’s camp. Hopefully it was just a bad day. I didn’t like his line either. Caufield is very talented but he’s also either very dumb or very selfish. He looks off open guys all game to rip pucks into shin pads or carry it into outnumbered situations.

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Don’t like that Lauko was even in this tourney. Sucks that happened to him. Hope it doesn’t keep him out long.

Reactions: bbfan419

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Was not impressed by the Americans. The goaltending was weak, the lines don’t make sense, and their style of play was awful. Skate around the perimeter and when you’re out of ideas lob a shot on net whether or not there is traffic there. The PP had no direction...

Beecher didn’t do much to stand out. His best play was probably the backcheck that led to a solo rush the other way but I didn’t feel like he flashed his top gear much, I didn’t see him power to the net at all. He did throw a few hits but he seemed to tire quickly... He looked very reserved offensively, not at all like the player from this summer’s camp. Hopefully it was just a bad day. I didn’t like his line either. Canfield is very talented but he’s also either very dumb or very selfish. He looks off open guys all game to rip pucks into shin pads or carry it into outnumbered situations.

I thought Beecher was better as the game progressed.
He had a nice coast to coast rush in the 3rd as he took the puck behind his own net and rushed up the right side
and lost puck as he was cutting inside Canadian D man.
Scores there and its all we would be talking about.

Also thought he cycled ok, used his D in the o zone well and made a really nice cross ice pass in the 3rd. Not his best for certain but he was better than Hall, Ford, Drury, and Pivonka . Would like to see him on LW with Zegras or Turcotte who should be at center.

I found myself more aggravated with Wahlstrom
than Caulfield honestly. Both are puck hogs but
Wahlstrom has played in the NHL and WJC before
and should know better.

It remains to be seen if Caulfield follows DeBrincat.
Seems to me AD is a better skater than Caulfield
and appears bigger.

I 2 wished Knight had come up with saves on either the first or winning goal.
He wasn't bad but sure wasn't great.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Bad penalty by Wahlstrom. Germany scores on the PP.

1-1, few minutes left in first. Not a great period by US.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Really nice play on the German PP there. Good save too.

Nice goal for USA, but horrible defending set it up

Unnecessary penalty there, but really soft call. Barely made contact with the stick and he dropped it as if Zdeno Chara had taken a two-hand swing at it, then signalling to the ref with his hands.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Bad turnover/pinch, leads to a 2 on 1 the other way. Germany up 3-2.

US playing like individuals. Only 4th line has actually had a few shifts of extended zone time.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Have to appreciate Germany's tenacity. Those kids are giving it everything. That pass by Zegras was a beauty.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
USA playing to much as individuals, hopefully than can escape with a victory and get their schitz together.

Still like Halls game. He goes to the net and moves his feet to get open for his teammates, showing some real nice hockey IQ.

Beecher hasn't done much too impress through the first 5 periods, hopefully he starts but so far he seems to lack good lateral movement and puck skills, but Im hoping he rebounds here quickly.

False Start

May 8, 2018
USA playing to much as individuals, hopefully than can escape with a victory and get their schitz together.

Still like Halls game. He goes to the net and moves his feet to get open for his teammates, showing some real nice hockey IQ.

Beecher hasn't done much too impress through the first 5 periods, hopefully he starts but so far he seems to lack good lateral movement and puck skills, but Im hoping he rebounds here quickly.

So he skates like Debrusk?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad