Prospect Info: World Juniors 2019

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Disapproves of what Hayton did or the Russians’ reaction?

I assume the former. You get blown out, your team basically quits, and your captain pulls a classless move during the national anthem. If I were the coach, I'd seriously consider pulling the C off his chest. That's terrible leadership, and the Russian team's going to remember it if you play them again.

People would be losing their minds if it was a Russian who did that. There's no excuse. The kid knew exactly what he was doing and he's lucky the Russian kids decided to just not shake his hand rather than punch him in the face in the handshake line after the game. Line brawls have been started for less.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Its about respecting your opponent. There is nothing gained but animosity when you disrespect a team after the game. Kid should have removed his bucket, he was wearing his nation's sweater for crying out loud.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Its about respecting your opponent. There is nothing gained but animosity when you disrespect a team after the game. Kid should have removed his bucket, he was wearing his nation's sweater for crying out loud.

yeah........so what? They still lost. Russia still won.

All I know is that this place loved it when Lucic went off on Markov and Weise in the handshake line. Many people defended Lucic, myself included. I choose to stay consistent in my views on “respecting the opponent.” If you do not think they are worthy of respect then that’s fine, who cares. Next game between the two will be sick

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

All I know is that this place loved it when Lucic went off on Markov and Weise in the handshake line. Many people defended Lucic, myself included. I choose to stay consistent in my views on “respecting the opponent.” If you do not think they are worthy of respect then that’s fine, who cares. Next game between the two will be sick

Thats fine if its just you.

These kids are representing their country. They should not feel entitled to make an individual selfish post game statement. The dude is wearing the "C", he should know better. Bad judgement across the board.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I assume what Hayton did

I'm no fan of the Russians but in that case, take the helmet off. I'd be ticked if the Russian captain didn't take off his helmet if the situation was reversed.
I like this

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thats fine if its just you.

These kids are representing their country. They should not feel entitled to make an individual selfish post game statement. The dude is wearing the "C", he should know better. Bad judgement across the board.

I guarantee there is more behind this than “they beat us”, that’s all I’m gonna say about that since that’s all I’m allowed to say about it. And I have no problem with any individuals on any platform expressing and standing by their convictions (as long as they aren't completely unreasonable)

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I guarantee there is more behind this than “they beat us”, that’s all I’m gonna say about that since that’s all I’m allowed to say about it. And I have no problem with any individuals on any platform expressing and standing by their convictions (as long as they aren't completely unreasonable)

As you said, not trying to get this into a territory that isn't allowed here, but I seriously doubt that he was trying make a statement. There aren't many 19 year olds who would even think to make a statement like that. Based on the official statement the team released and the post game interview, Hayton is trying to play it off as ignorance. I think it was as simple as he was mad they got blown out and the action was simply about poor sportsmanship.

Reactions: PlayMakers

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
As you said, not trying to get this into a territory that isn't allowed here, but I seriously doubt that he was trying make a statement. There aren't many 19 year olds who would even think to make a statement like that. Based on the official statement the team released and the post game interview, Hayton is trying to play it off as ignorance. I think it was as simple as he was mad they got blown out and the action was simply about poor sportsmanship.

and if that’s the case he’s a giant baby, but I still don’t think it’s a big deal. He’ll just get pasted by every Russian he plays for awhile. I am just not sure he does that if they get smoked by Sweden

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
He is a 19 year old adult male. Give me a break with this “he’s only a child” Nonsense.

They got blown out and he did something outrageously disrespectful. If the roles were reversed the media in Canada would be going bananas.

if that’s how your captain acts after a bad game, give the honor to someone else.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

This isn't about respecting your opponent, this is respecting your country and your opponents country.

Reactions: Number6

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Keep it off the ice then? These kids didnt choose where they were born.

yeah I didn’t see anything happen to them either, a song played and then it finished and Russian won and Canada lost. One kid left a helmet on. Who tf cares.

My horizons are plenty expanded krejcimvp, that’s actually why I don’t have a problem with Russia’s anthem being disrespected. There are good and bad people there just like everywhere else, I understand this.

but again, I wouldn’t care if a Russian kid did this during the American anthem. Wanna know why? It’s a song. And I believe people can express themselves however they want. That’s why I like living here.

Reactions: Fossy21

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
yeah I didn’t see anything happen to them either, a song played and then it finished and Russian won and Canada lost. One kid left a helmet on. Who tf cares.

My horizons are plenty expanded krejcimvp, that’s actually why I don’t have a problem with Russia’s anthem being disrespected. There are good and bad people there just like everywhere else, I understand this.

but again, I wouldn’t care if a Russian kid did this during the American anthem. Wanna know why? It’s a song. And I believe people can express themselves however they want. That’s why I like living here.
Well I guess some people are just more respectful than others. You're totally entitled to your own opinions and believes, but on an international stage to pull shit like that, it's the highest level of disrespect...just like when Canadiens fans booed the American anthem.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well I guess some people are just more respectful than others. You're totally entitled to your own opinions and believes, but on an international stage to pull **** like that, it's the highest level of disrespect...just like when Canadiens fans booed the American anthem.

tbh. I didn’t care when that happened either. Adds to the drama.

I like it when there is genuine dislike in sports. I’m sure hayton will have trouble playing against Russians in the future and he earned that. I just can’t get behind condemning a kid for expressing himself in a way that wasn’t really all that disruptive or violent.

At the end of the day he left his hat on during a song, he didn’t wipe his ass with the flag or take the mic and declare war on Russia as a country. I can understand where others are coming from but idk, in the grand scheme of things it means absolutely nothing to me.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
tbh. I didn’t care when that happened either. Adds to the drama.

I like it when there is genuine dislike in sports. I’m sure hayton will have trouble playing against Russians in the future and he earned that. I just can’t get behind condemning a kid for expressing himself in a way that wasn’t really all that disruptive or violent.

At the end of the day he left his hat on during a song, he didn’t wipe his ass with the flag or take the mic and declare war on Russia as a country. I can understand where others are coming from but idk, in the grand scheme of things it means absolutely nothing to me.
Fair enough, he could have done worse, I just think it's an unneccessary show of disrespect, but at the end of the day no one will remember this 1 or 2 years from now or likely even 4 weeks from now.

Reactions: CDJ

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Maybe he did it intentionally, may he didnt. Hes the only one that really knows. At the end of the day you hope the kid learns something from this and he grows as a person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad