Prospect Info: World Juniors 2019

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
In the NHL the camera is out of play

It is there also. The Russians got COMPLETELY screwed. They didn't play stupid at the end. I'd have let my emotions get the best of me also after that. I'd be suspended for a significant period of time after that...

It's a blatant rule. It's like the refs decided not to call a goal just because they didn't feel like it ....

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Congratulations to Team Canada. What a gutsy game by the Canadians. Captain Barrett Hayton really stepped up after that miscue in the opener. Alexis Lafreniere still were the best player, but, wow there were so many unsung heroes. Very impressive comeback

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
In the end it was the Russian captain Grigori Denisenko who became the goat and Barrett Haydon became the hero.

Reactions: Mully

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fan of the game

upload_2020-1-5_15-57-20.png

Reactions: Runner77

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
It is there also. The Russians got COMPLETELY screwed. They didn't play stupid at the end. I'd have let my emotions get the best of me also after that. I'd be suspended for a significant period of time after that...

It's a blatant rule. It's like the refs decided not to call a goal just because they didn't feel like it ....
Agree completely but the penalty that gave the Russians a 1-0 lead on the PP in the second period was about as much of a joke the other way.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bad calls happen, Lauko I am sure is not feeling bad for the ruskies. Same for the best Swedish player that was kicked out of the last game early on. As Bruin fans we know you sometimes lol, most times do not get the benefit of the reffing but have to deal with it. Play the full 60 minutes and the better team usually comes out on top. RT probably already had an alternative ended ready to run anyways. Russians were up 3-1 with 10 minutes to go, maybe defend your end a bit better. Both teams were fantastic to watch, it was an entertaining game.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
There were way too many penalties on both teams in this game, that being said Canada was the better team in the end and that is all that matters...congrats on the Gold Canada.

Reactions: TCB

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
MOSCOW (AP) — Some Russian hockey fans were celebrating victory despite losing at the world junior hockey championships because of a confusingly timed TV repeat.

Two state TV channels showed Russia-Canada finals at the same time on Sunday. One was live, and the other was from 2011.

While most fans, and Russia's players, commiserated after a 4-3 loss to Canada on Channel One, many Russians watched a nail-biting, 9-year-old 5-3 comeback win on rival broadcaster Match TV.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: CDJ

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
MOSCOW (AP) — Some Russian hockey fans were celebrating victory despite losing at the world junior hockey championships because of a confusingly timed TV repeat.

Two state TV channels showed Russia-Canada finals at the same time on Sunday. One was live, and the other was from 2011.

While most fans, and Russia's players, commiserated after a 4-3 loss to Canada on Channel One, many Russians watched a nail-biting, 9-year-old 5-3 comeback win on rival broadcaster Match TV.

:rolleyes:
This is even better :biglaugh:

How???

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad