Prospect Info: World Juniors 2019

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Funny thing:

It's actually in the IIHF rule book that helmets must be removed at the end of the game during the winning team's National Anthem.

So I would not be the least bit surprised if the IIHF drops a bomb here.

Game Protocol:

Pre-game - Be available in case of any emergency measures that need to be addressed such as pre-game warm-up delay. Ensure that the opening ceremonies are operated according to the championship regulations.

During game - Ensure that the teams are on the ice at the prescribed time and that the intermission is followed accordingly to protocol. In a play-off game, be aware of the Overtime and Penalty Shot Shootout Procedures.

Post-game - Ensure that the closing ceremonies are operated according to the IIHF regulations including the national anthem of the winning team (helmets off), teams shake hands with opponents & game officials.

Problem Solving:

Be available to answer any questions before and after the game (benches, sweater colours, pre- game warm-up procedures).

Reactions: Alicat and TCB

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'd hope the captain of team Canada would have a response how to rally his team from a 6-0 loss which is the real role of a captain in a tournament halfway across the world against his future NHL competition. Looks like he motivated the other team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I guarantee there is more behind this than “they beat us”, that’s all I’m gonna say about that since that’s all I’m allowed to say about it. And I have no problem with any individuals on any platform expressing and standing by their convictions (as long as they aren't completely unreasonable)

The problem here is it was a classless act, and whether its fair or not it will represent all of Canada as a country and not just Hayton as an individual and too make matters worse it came from Canada's Captain, the one player who suppose to lead the way on and off the ice, so unfortunately his actions represents much more than him alone.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
The problem here is it was a classless act, and whether its fair or not it will represent all of Canada as a country and not just Hayton as an individual and too make matters worse it came from Canada's Captain, the one player who suppose to lead the way on and off the ice, so unfortunately his actions represents much more than him alone.

while i agree with you it was classless i think he at least accepted responsibility for his actions and apologized. i dont think its fair to say the actions of an 18 will reflect poorly on a country as a whole. seems a little over the top

Reactions: CDJ

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Disapproves of what Hayton did or the Russians’ reaction?
Maybe Pasta did not like the russians taking out Lauko's knee with a sneaky dirty hit.

I do remember Kovalchuk leading the russian team off the ice before Canada had the trophy presented and the anthem played in 2015, they got fined 85,000. About 7 players stayed on the ice. Video and article below

I agree what the Canadian captain did was bad and I think intentional. As Marchand fans we cannot really say much, this may have been a set up for the next time they play, every little thing can pay off or blow up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-ice-before-o-canada-at-world-championships/

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Suspend the punk for the remainder of the tournament. Teach him some manners since he obviously doesn't have any. Before anyone says anything I despise ANYONE who disrespects a nation's anthem.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Oddly enough the biggest outcry are from Canadians (who must live perfect lives) who are saying the kid gave a phoney apology, he did it on purpose, he should be banned, the entire coach staff removed etc. etc.

Funny how after the Summit Series in 72 after losing game one 7-3 in Russia , Team Canada ignored the Russians lining up to shake hands. Harry Sinden said they didn't know (which was odd cuz Harry and others played International hockey.
Apology accepted.
An 19 year old makes a mistake, apologizes.....nope!!!
Light the torches and chase him to the old windmill.
Give me a break.

Reactions: CDJ

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
while i agree with you it was classless i think he at least accepted responsibility for his actions and apologized. i dont think its fair to say the actions of an 18 will reflect poorly on a country as a whole. seems a little over the top

Yes, I agree it doesn't represent Canada as Country not even close, that's why I said fair or not, but many unfortunately will look at it that way.

My comment was addressed to a post stating, it was an individual expressing and standing by his convictions and he didn't have a problem with it.

Which I feel when he wears the Canadien colors and has a C on his chest his actions unfortunately represents Canada not just him as an individual.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lucic disgraced the entire city of Boston in that handshake line! He represents us and Boston every time he puts on that uniform. Show respect to your opponent!

:sarcasm:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Funny thing:

It's actually in the IIHF rule book that helmets must be removed at the end of the game during the winning team's National Anthem.

So I would not be the least bit surprised if the IIHF drops a bomb here.

Game Protocol:

Pre-game - Be available in case of any emergency measures that need to be addressed such as pre-game warm-up delay. Ensure that the opening ceremonies are operated according to the championship regulations.

During game - Ensure that the teams are on the ice at the prescribed time and that the intermission is followed accordingly to protocol. In a play-off game, be aware of the Overtime and Penalty Shot Shootout Procedures.

Post-game - Ensure that the closing ceremonies are operated according to the IIHF regulations including the national anthem of the winning team (helmets off), teams shake hands with opponents & game officials.

Problem Solving:

Be available to answer any questions before and after the game (benches, sweater colours, pre- game warm-up procedures).

So does that mean Russian players are sanctioned
for not shaking his hand?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Oddly enough the biggest outcry are from Canadians (who must live perfect lives) who are saying the kid gave a phoney apology, he did it on purpose, he should be banned, the entire coach staff removed etc. etc.

Funny how after the Summit Series in 72 after losing game one 7-3 in Russia , Team Canada ignored the Russians lining up to shake hands. Harry Sinden said they didn't know (which was odd cuz Harry and others played International hockey.
Apology accepted.
An 19 year old makes a mistake, apologizes.....nope!!!
Light the torches and chase him to the old windmill.
Give me a break.
The guy has played internationally before. He knows the drill, it wasn't a mistake.

That said, accept the apology and move on, but I'm sure the Russians aren't going to forget anytime soon.

Reactions: nORRis8

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Never liked Hunter as a player, although he has had a lot of success in Junior hockey with London.

That said a close family member had it out with him one time over Hunter trying to steal one of his players and my brother told Hunter where to go and what to kiss. It was a "perfect call" to quote someone.

The Canadian coaching staff had to know who was still wearing helmets and not showing respect, as did the kid himself. It was meant to peeve off the russians. Not a good look at all and no excuse is good enough. It was intentional gamesmanship for a later date.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Yes, I agree it doesn't represent Canada as Country not even close, that's why I said fair or not, but many unfortunately will look at it that way.

My comment was addressed to a post stating, it was an individual expressing and standing by his convictions and he didn't have a problem with it.

Which I feel when he wears the Canadien colors and has a C on his chest his actions unfortunately represents Canada not just him as an individual.
It's sort of like when the American girls had the Canadian Flag on their dressing room floor and we're walking over it! It reflects poorly on a Country but does not put everyone in that Country in the same light as the few classless losers who committed the offense!

Reactions: TCB

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The guy has played internationally before. He knows the drill, it wasn't a mistake.

That said, accept the apology and move on, but I'm sure the Russians aren't going to forget anytime soon.

Precisely.
But if people do not believe his apology I guess that makes him a liar.
Headline: Canadian player disrespected Russia and is a LIAR plus he pushes old people around!!!
Let's go all out.
Russia will forget before Canada's justice warriors who tweet all day.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Uh oh, hope Beecher isn't hurt. Need to see replay

staying on the bench. Hopefully just a Charlie horse.

It looked like Hall asked him if he was OK and he nodded yes, but when the trainer was having him do some squats, he didn't looked pleased after doing them.

hopefully he comes back next period. Still really like Hall game thought he had another good period. He seems to have a High Hockey IQ and I like the way he goes to the net.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Brink got hit hard by the russian bench at the end of the 1st and they were just laying into him with chirps.

Hall has looked good, fast and big, plays it smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad