Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2015-2016

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Quenneville a big game player? Starting to see some indications of that from previous playoff success. Probably exactly why he is on this team to begin with.

I think he might be. It'd be another similarity to Rico if he is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we've got another Rico type player in JQ.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
JQ, and all of Canada really, have looked very strong so far. A completely different team than the round robin team.

And as I'm typing this Laine scores, Blackwood probably wants that one back.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
At least from what I saw yesterday, NHL Network is showing the Canada/Finland game on tape delay right after the US game is over. "Watched" the first period through a choppy stream, Laine scored with 12 seconds left in the first. Blackwood got some of the shot but it had enough to get across the goal line.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Canadian fans on the main board are wrecking Blackwood. I can't get the game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Ideally he stops that shot since it hit him and Canada needed a big save after an awful shift, but Laine has one hell of a release.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Aha of course they are. I love this tournament as much as the next but some of my fellow Canadians take it WAY too seriously.

I love the fanaticism honestly. A good portion of my wife's family is from Quebec and whenever I get to talk hockey with them it is more passionate than any political conversation.

Edit: all I need to do is say "Don Cherry said...". And I can start a war.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Vehviläinen has me on the edge of my seat everytime the puck is near him... and not in a good way. Stupid turnovers all the time in the defensive zone. Canada pretty much controlled the game expect for the PP (in which Hintz should have scored, how the **** do you miss that shot?), but their goals were pretty much late christmas presents. Especially the second goal.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
WJC game threads are a disaster. Blackwood has had a rough game for sure and he's getting skewered.

JQ is having his best game of the tournament by far. Good possession and set up a goal earlier with a nice feed.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
While I'm sure he'd like a few of them back, his teammates aren't doing Blackwood any favors.

Quenneville does remind me of Rico in some ways. I like what I'm seeing.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Yeah I can see the Henrique comparisons. I'm not sure how much offense he will produce in the pros but he should become a very good two way player who can play the wing or C. Should immediately upgrade our third line in the next year or two.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Scouts thought they would come to watch Laine and Puljujarvi and while those 2 are playing amazing, Jolevi has just been another level

He skates like Nieds did. So effortless, yet so so fast

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Quenneville-Stephens-Konecny line hasn't played nearly enough. They have been Canada's best line but are hardly getting 5 on 5 ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad