Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2015-2016

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Canadian fans are right to be pissed at Lowry. They are a poorly coached team.

Also, Dylan Strome - what a little *****.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Does anyone know the last time Canada didn't make it out of the prelims?

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I am just going to stay away from the WJC Canadian threads. A bunch of people just ripping into teenagers like they killed someone. It's embarrassing.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Canadian fans are right to be pissed at Lowry. They are a poorly coached team.

Also, Dylan Strome - what a little *****.

You don't make it out of the round robin that's more than coaching that is a deficit of talent and or motivation.

Be interesting to do a where are are they now 6 or 7 years from now with this Canadian team....betcha as a whole it doesn't bode well.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Blackwood didn't have a great game by any means, but the team in front of him were completely undisciplined and played extremely poorly in general, they certainly didn't make his life any easier.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I am just going to stay away from the WJC Canadian threads. A bunch of people just ripping into teenagers like they killed someone. It's embarrassing.

Its good to see some of Canadian fans are calling out the *******s in that thread. My god I thought a Devils Rangers game was bad enough with the Jekyll & Hyde BS.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
You don't make it out of the round robin that's more than coaching that is a deficit of talent and or motivation.

Be interesting to do a where are are they now 6 or 7 years from now with this Canadian team....betcha as a whole it doesn't bode well.

Not if they stay in Canada.:laugh:

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
This has been a really disappointing tournament for the players I was really looking forward to watching. Oviously things didn't go as planned for Blackwood and Zacha. On top of that, Alex Debrincat looks like he might end up as the best player to ever come out of the prep school program I played for back in the day and he's barely played at all with the ejection and injury.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha has been invisible.

Edit:
Who'd a thought Queeneville would be our best player in this tournament.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Zacha has been invisible.

Edit:
Who'd a thought Queeneville would be our best player in this tournament.

Lets not just pretend its just Zacha here. The entire team has failed to show up. With Zacha you can see the skill/talent...The team looks like it doesn't even want to be there.

Props to U.S.A. for dominating so far. 4-0 USA. Hope we can win the lottery and draft Matthews or the 2 from Finland...they are game changing forwards

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lets not just pretend its just Zacha here. The entire team has failed to show up. With Zacha you can see the skill/talent...The team looks like it doesn't even want to be there.

Props to U.S.A. for dominating so far. 4-0 USA. Hope we can win the lottery and draft Matthews or the 2 from Finland...they are game changing forwards

I'm not really pointing a finger at Zacha, I was just hoping to see some level of dominate performance and I really haven't seen anything from him in the couple of games I watched.

Maybe nursing an injury still, I don't know?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not really pointing a finger at Zacha, I was just hoping to see some level of dominate performance and I really haven't seen anything from him in the couple of games I watched.

He did have an adductor injury, not really the best injury to have as a hockey player either.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

He's playing injured.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Strange that they are using him on the PK then.

He missed 2 games I think, maybe one and part of another, I don't remember. He is clearly missing the explosiveness you typically see from him.

The injury doesn't effect his positioning and size though, so why wouldn't you still use him on the penalty kill?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Milano is softer than butter. Gets knocked of the puck way too easy for this level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad