Prospect Info: World Junior Championships 2015-2016

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
US looks like the Devils playing edmonton, or some other bottom feeder. They are just watching the game happen.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Bad coaching 101 by the US coach.

Yes, let's forcheck on large ice against the best puck moving team in the tourney. The Russians love this, they've been taught to dangle and pass through the sticks since day 1.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Russia did a great job locking things down in the third. Couple of decent scoring chances for the US, but most of it came from hope passes into the slot. Matthews line looked tired, they played maybe half of the third period.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
How many undrafted players did the Russians have?

http://www.tsn.ca/2016-world-juniors-group-b-rosters-1.413498

According to TSN, 13 undrafted players and two 2016 first time eligibles.

Edit: They appear to have missed Sergei Boikov who was a 6th rounder by Colorado last draft; I sat next to his junior coaches at a Cheesecake Factory bar after Day 2 and they were holding his Avs jersey. Damir Sharipzyanov also earned an ELC with the Kings over the summer. Couple other guys (Sergeev/Mikulovich) have been in the OHL for a few seasons as well.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
http://www.tsn.ca/2016-world-juniors-group-b-rosters-1.413498
Uu
According to TSN, 13 undrafted players and two 2016 first time eligibles
Edit: They appear to have missed Sergei Boikov who was a 6th rounder by Colorado last draft; I sat next to his junior coaches at a Cheesecake Factory bar after Day 2 and they were holding his Avs jersey. Damir Sharipzyanov also earned an ELC with the Kings over the summer. Couple other guys (Sergeev/Mikulovich) have been in the OHL for a few seasons as well.

ok, thanks.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014

My god, cant believe he said that!:laugh:

What did I just watch... WTF? Is he serious? No wonder they didn't win.

Also, anxious about tomorrow. The game against team Russia wasn't a pretty one... we shall see who the champion is.

Of note: Kalapudas playing great, watch him. #21 (if I'm correct), helped ignite Rantanen and Kapanen. Also Saarijärvi is quietly having a great tournament so far as is Saarela.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Anyone else feel like last night's loss was made 10x worse by the fact that the only goal was scored by an American who was originally expected to be available for this tournament?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Provorov gets a wrister through a maze of players to tie things up with 6 seconds left. Bar didn't have audio, but it looked like Kamenev got sent off with a misconduct late in regulation. Not sure if it carries over into OT.

Edit: Looks like Provorov's shot deflected off one of the Russian bodies in the slot. Looks like Kamenev got a 10 misconduct for slashing a Finnish player after they scored to take the lead, then got tossed after yelling at the refs and breaking his stick in frustration.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Provorov gets a wrister through a maze of players to tie things up with 6 seconds left. Bar didn't have audio, but it looked like Kamenev got sent off with a misconduct late in regulation. Not sure if it carries over into OT.

Edit: Looks like Provorov's shot deflected off one of the Russian bodies in the slot. Looks like Kamenev got a 10 misconduct for slashing a Finnish player after they scored to take the lead, then got tossed after yelling at the refs and breaking his stick in frustration.

See great entertainment!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nuts, Kapanen scores the golden goal early into the OT before I had a chance to sneak away from my desk to watch in the break room.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Does it feel like we drafted the wrong player? Rantanen, Provorov?

Rantanen didn't look that great from the handful of games I saw. Albeit, it's tough with Laine/Puljujarvi stealing the show.

WJC is a fun tournament, but it's too short to draw conclusions. The Czechs are starting to have a renaissance with prospects but they're still behind the Big 5 right now.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: