Post-Game Talk: World ending confirmed (Leafs win in Carolina 2-1 SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Good job Reimer! If we stand a chance at playoffs, it'll be because he plays like this all season.

Good job on Kadri for getting a goal finally! Good job Lupul for the winner. And let's not forget Holland with that first sweet goal too!

Komorov had a good game, and earned his assist on Kadri's goal.

Phaneuf had a good game also. Great to see him dishing out more open ice hits. He played solid and probably covered for Gardiner a few times.

mikebel111*

Kadri played over 20 mins again and another win

Is Kadri one of the reasons we are winning? Maybe a guy to keep in future when we will win?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Yes, Leafs are tanking, but they just don't do much of anything correctly.

They definitely did not look good tonight, but hey the goalie is part of the team.

And congrats Kadri, nice to see you put one in!

Nice to see Bozak and Kadri celebrate it at the bench!

How did they celebrate it at the bench? Missed that

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
It's been about 20 games, it is time to send down Boyes and Grabner. They are great to have if you want to tank, but we are fighting for a playoff spot and they are HUGE dead weight.

Bring up Panik and Leivo. I know it is tempting to bring up Nylander but he should stay down.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
It's been about 20 games, it is time to send down Boyes and Grabner. They are great to have if you want to tank, but we are fighting for a playoff spot and they are HUGE dead weight.

Bring up Panik and Leivo. I know it is tempting to bring up Nylander but he should stay down.

I would also send down Froese and Parenteau. Spaling is fine on the 4th line.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Reimer is on another level right now, dude is making it look easy.
Not liking them being outshot again, if Reimer isn't playing the best hockey of his career at the moment we probably lose this one.

Also pretty big monkey off of Kadri's back tonight that's for sure, he might just scoring at will soon.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
I'm sure there's more than a few posters that are lying in wait until reimer has a bad game.. however, you certainly have to shake your head at the numbers he's posted on this little run.

he's now 7-2-3 with a .933% and a 2.08 GAA.

that's some pretty seriously good numbers.

by the end of the night, he may be in top 5 for save % and top 10 for GAA in the league.

the team though is really playing well in front of him - it's a team effort.

and he seriously needs to work on covering the post.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
that's simply anticipating and trying to cheat just a split second too early. however he's certainly got to improve on that.

He was definitely trying to cheat a bit. No doubt on that.

Maybe, he thinks it helps him on more occasions that it hurts him?

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Yup, all his saves are easy ones.
You know, from the mouths of guys who pull a muscle bending over for the Doritos.

:laugh: sometimes I'm just so mesmerized by the goalie position, look how fast he gets in and out of the butterfly and stretches out to make th3 save. Unbelieveable. Athleticism goes a long way

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Looking at November's record, I'm actually afraid we'll make the playoffs now... but not be good enough yet to win the cup. And without tanking hard, we may not ever be good enough to win the cup.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
JVR - Kadri - Komorov
Lupul - Nylander - Leivo
Matthias - Bozak - Holland
Winnik - Spaling - Panik

:)

Do you really want to burn a year off Nylander's ELC to ice that lineup?

Not only that but Nylander and Leivo with almost zero NHL experience are going to the 2nd. line?

Hide them on the 3rd. line where they get to face the bottom end of the opposition talent.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Go watch some more NHL goals. Goalies look bad on goals they allow. Not all goals are perfect snipe or last second redirections.

For every goal against, someone somewhere screwed up, whether is a forward, defenseman, or the goali himself. But goals are going to happen its inevitable, no one is going to get perfect shutouts every game. Thats not the mark of a good goalie.

Every goalie will have an average of 2-3 goals against, doesn't make them bad it makes them human. This goal was bad no doubt, but players are talented there are a lot of goals that you just won't stop.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
Looking at November's record, I'm actually afraid we'll make the playoffs now... but not be good enough yet to win the cup. And without tanking hard, we may not ever be good enough to win the cup.

Ya how many cups have Edmonton or Florida won since they rebuilt via the tank method?

There is no absolute way to rebuild, other than smart drafting and good coaching (which we have in spades)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad