World Cup: Sep 4 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
disgusting.

anyway, congratulations Canada, they'll meet later :)

Russia should win over Slovakia (who might come back due to not winning a single game) and should face the next team.

Canadian_man said:
Classless acts of the game:

Those stupid fans yelling duing the moment of silence.
Russian player flipping the bird to the fans.

*tsk* *tsk* :shakehead

Anyway, YEAH!!! GOOOOOOO CANADA!!!!! :yo: :banana:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
The Russians need to take shooting drills, like shooting the puck into an open net for example. Especially Afinogenov. This guy should have 3 goals in this tournament already.

But the positive point is that Canada didn't outplay the Russians.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Moskau said:
What did Kovalchuk do besides skate into Canada's zone and cough up the puck?

Afinogenov was again Russias best foward, followed by Frolov.

Apparently you missed Kovalchuk generating a bunch of scoring opportunities. His shot sounded like a rocket tonight.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Epsilon said:
Apparently you missed Kovalchuk generating a bunch of scoring opportunities. His shot sounded like a rocket tonight.
Sounded like a rocket off the backboards...

Joe_Sakic#19

Kovalchuk has a deadly shot. :amazed: I thought Afinogenov was Russia's best player tonight.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Moskau said:
What did Kovalchuk do besides skate into Canada's zone and cough up the puck?

I thought he was more mature now than in 2002 ... but I was wrong. :shakehead

Just skates into the offensive zone and unleashes a harmless shot at the goalie. :banghead:

Telperiën

Nov 1, 2003
Galaxy Far Far Away
Moskau said:
Sounded like a rocket off the backboards...
Hey, if you have a problem with that, contact the ACC. They announced it right after the game. Although Kovalchuk didn't score, you must have forgotten the several good chances he created.

wilka91 said:
Just skates into the offensive zone and unleashes a harmless shot at the goalie.
Right, so now shooting is bad... So much for the "just get some shots on goal" theory.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
I don't know if anyone else has said this but with the sheer volume of this thread I can't go reading every page.

I've just loved watching Brad Richards. He does it all. He scores, runs the point on the powerplay, does a great job on the PK and hussles all the time therefore drawing penalties, creating chances and never looking bad defensively.

And to think, he's only 24 :bow:

ZDogg

Aug 10, 2004
Lethbridge, AB
Kovalenko has no class... what the hell did the fans do to him? You don't give the finger to the little girl behind the penalty box because you lost... what a sore loser. It was a good game but that was a really dumb move. :shakehead

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
NYI said:
well it was toronto fans, they deserve to have the bird flipped at them

Geez its a couple of *******s that make Toronto fans look bad. Gosh I remember a few years ago, the Islander fans booing the Canadian National Anthem :teach:

Ok well onto the game, I thought that Canada played like they were on their heels for some of the first period. After that, they played pretty well. IMO the first period went by really fast!! Tonight's game was good although the crowd wasn't as loud as it was in Montreal dammit. GO CANADA GO!!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Just cheked out the boxscore : shots on goal 28-28. Well that confirms my impression that neither team dominated this game.
The Russians though cannot score goals, and take control on the PP. That was the difference.

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
BeLeafer87 said:
Geez its a couple of *******s that make Toronto fans look bad. Gosh I remember a few years ago, the Islander fans booing the Canadian National Anthem :teach:

that was a joke about the leaf fans, but that being said i can't stand how it seems the real leaf fans get the crappy seats at the top, while you get a bunch of people who look like they just want to be there to say they are there, getting all the good seats. It annoys the hell out of me watching games and when you come back from intermission and the prime seats behind the players benches are empty for about 5 minutes

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
NYI said:
that was a joke about the leaf fans, but that being said i can't stand how it seems the real leaf fans get the crappy seats at the top, while you get a bunch of people who look like they just want to be there to say they are there, getting all the good seats. It annoys the hell out of me watching games and when you come back from intermission and the prime seats behind the players benches are empty for about 5 minutes

Oh alright...it's cuz I think tickets went on sale to like all the corporate places first, all this stuff I'm saying I have heard over at the Leafs forum and from other people in Toronto...it's always people in suits who don't really give a damn if they miss the first 10 mins of each period cuz theyre too busy buying snacks or whatever. Thats why the ACC is never so loud and I personally HATE IT! I know tickets went on sale to the public a couple weeks ago and that was it so I guess all the crappy seats were left :mad: Oh well, I can't wait for Wednesday! Go Canada!

Vic Rattlehead*

Blackshad said:
Canada's new generation of player is going to be awesome...
Lecavalier
Iginla
Thornton
Doan
Heatley
Richards
St. Louis
Bouwmeester
Redden
Luongo
Theodore
Marleau
Nash
and MANY MORE!

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
NYI said:

I hear you, as a Leaf fan who gets out to a few games a year, in one of the last rows of the upper deck it can be frustrating... But also got to take the good with the bad. WIthout them, the leafs would not be nearly as profitable as they are... They would have had a much more difficult time locking up Sundin long term when he was a year away from unrestricted free agency, to go along with rest of the players that are able to be signed to keep the club competitive... If every franchise had the type of suit wearing stiffs who can shell out loads of cash for the best seats in the house, chances are many more teams would be a lot better off financially, and perhaps we wouldnt be looking at a lock out right now.

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
BeLeafer87 said:
Oh alright...it's cuz I think tickets went on sale to like all the corporate places first, all this stuff I'm saying I have heard over at the Leafs forum and from other people in Toronto...it's always people in suits who don't really give a damn if they miss the first 10 mins of each period cuz theyre too busy buying snacks or whatever. Thats why the ACC is never so loud and I personally HATE IT! I know tickets went on sale to the public a couple weeks ago and that was it so I guess all the crappy seats were left :mad: Oh well, I can't wait for Wednesday! Go Canada!

They miss the first 10 mins of the period or so because they are too busy being pampered in the platinum lounges where they can watch the game on tv still while taking advantage of all of the perks that come their way.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
BruinsGirl said:
Yea...sure because Samsonov is the worst Russian player! :shakehead How about Kovalenko???
Sorry but Samsonov HAS been Russia's worst foward.

Kovalenko is a man beast who has been pretty decent all over the ice. He can forecheck, play rough, and backcheck. He had a heck of a first game, and did pretty good the first period against Canada.

I've heard Samsonov's name called TWICE in two games.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
BruinsGirl said:
Yea...sure because Samsonov is the worst Russian player! :shakehead How about Kovalenko???

Habs fan coming to the rescue of a B's fan :)

Kovalenko is a piece of junk. IMO he's useless. I would sit Kovalenko anytime over Samsonov. Samsonov plays big in clutch situations. Kovalenko plays...never.

To think the Habs got him back for Patrick Roy and Mike Keane :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad