• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Messi on a mission

Messi definitely called off Alvarez there.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Thank god for Messi finally deservedly scoring in the knockouts, it's been long time coming.

Australia now just can't sit back, but have to actually try to play some football.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Half the Argentine players looking like they are waiting round for Messi to do something. Messi then does something.

Australia probably keeps going like this until they conceded a second or it gets real late.

Reactions: gary69

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Argentina should beat the Aussies, but Argentina looks so effin' bad and will be eliminated in the final eight when they play a team that isn't made up of a bunch of MLS and Championshipers.

Considering how bad Argentina has looked in this WC, I am very afraid for Polska tomorrow considering they got beaten by this rubbish country.

• Haha
Reactions: PromisedLand

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Argentina is simply bad but Messi just scores out of nowhere.
This isn’t 2018 anymore bud.

Not a good first half but not sure what anyone else was expecting.

Messi delivers this team has more to offer.

So what you will about messi for how he took it. But Alexis pass is simply too sweet

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This isn’t 2018 anymore bud.

Not a good first half but not sure what anyone else was expecting.

Messi delivers this team has more to offer.
It is the story of Argentina so far bud.
They sucked against Mexico and Messi delivered. They sucked today and he delivered.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It is the story of Argentina so far bud.
They sucked against Mexico and Messi delivered. They sucked today and he delivered.
I wouldn’t say they sucked at all this is a knock out game. They lost of their best attackers and already lost his replacement before a ball was kicked.

In 2018 their were awful. Not today not in this tournament they haven’t.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Argentina's sucked but the schedule is utterly absurd and creating a situation that makes teams suck. I think the quality of this tournament is going to dip badly at some point and maybe we're there now. Playing four times in less than two weeks sucks when you can't rotate the team.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I wouldn’t say they sucked at all this is a knock out game. They lost of their best attackers and already lost his replacement before a ball was kicked.

In 2018 their were awful. Not today not in this tournament they haven’t.

I'm not sure they sucked in the 2018 in hindsight, considering the whole tournament. For sure, they weren't good in the group stage for some matches (especially against Iceland). But there was no shame going against France, they gave the best they got, I don't think their current crop of players in much better, if any.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm not sure they sucked in the 2018 in hindsight, considering the whole tournament. For sure, they weren't good in the group stage for some matches (especially against Iceland). But there was no shame going against France, they gave the best they got, I don't think their current crop of players in much better, if any.
Look at how they got their they were shambolic

Alvarez you deserve that pressure and running.

2 day rest is insane but that is mammoth.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Some good pressing from Argentina, that goal should settle it. The gulf in player quality was just too much for Australia to overcome, even if Argentina hasn't been anything special.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
hey australia

lol-emoji-isolated-on-white-background-laughing-face-emoticon-3d-rendering-2CFPMWX.jpg

member 305909

Australia has already exceeded expectations by getting this far. They just aren't good enough to get further.

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Look at how they got their they were shambolic

Alvarez you deserve that pressure and running.

2 day rest is insane but that is mammoth.
Australia too. How are you supposed to play that hard to qualify and then play after two days rest? Complete nonsense. Emotions intertwined with physical condition there's no way they could ever win a knockout game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad