• Argentina

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I do also think LVG getting a big head because they beat the f***ING USA of all teams is utterly hilarious. Like man. What are you thinking.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Honestly with what Paredes has done so far as a sub, Argentina is lucky to not be down a man. Dude just brought bad vibes to the team as soon as he came on. Now I want them to lose.

Great at penalties though. If he is on the pitch, he should take them for Argentina instead of Messi.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
What an unlikeable group of players. You won the game, just shut your mouth and move on.
They were just as bad in 2018. Just managed by Sampaoli, which only made it worse.

Game finishes and they whine about the ref, when Lahoz had the easiest call in the world to send off Paredes (double yellow, tackle + kicking the ball into the Dutch bench) and he wussed out of it (same for a yellow for Messi).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They were just as bad in 2018. Just managed by Sampaoli, which only made it worse.

Game finishes and they whine about the ref, when Lahoz had the easiest call in the world to send off Paredes (double yellow, tackle + kicking the ball into the Dutch bench) and he wussed out of it (same for a yellow for Messi).
Yeah that's never going to be a double yellow loool get lost.

Dutch cleared their bench twice. They acted like idiots and cried when they got the same treatment spare me.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Just root for Morocco, like everybody else.

France/Brazil 86.
To this day the most amazing game I've ever witnessed. And emotions for the ages.
France/Germany 82 is also one which will be always remembered. I can't like it because of the blatant cheating, violence and the bad guys got the victory.

Brazil vs Italy in WC82 was the most dramatic for me, broke my football heart and I never recovered. Nothing can compensate for that Brazil team not winning.

Best possible scenario for me.

That final would be a dream, but with Messi & Argentina winning.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016

In all fairness, Dutch should have finished the game with 9 men.
Straight leg kick to the head is an automatic red card, and bulldozing the player down in the scrum is also that.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
In all fairness, Dutch should have finished the game with 9 men.
Straight kick to the head is an automatic red card, and bulldozing the player down in the scrum is also that.
Paredes went down like a bitch, there’s no way that’s a red. There’s no equivalence to the idiocy of targeting the opposing bench on a dead play.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Argentina’s keeper saving their ass here
Hot take. Argentina were by far the better team and deserved to win the match. Netherlands with two goals on the only 2 shots they had in regulation time. Shouldn't even have gone to extra time and ARgentina were all over Dutch in extra time as well.

So in short Argentina were better in first half, better in second half, better in extra time, and better in Penalty Kicks. Argentina win.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
What an unlikeable group of players. You won the game, just shut your mouth and move on.

Hope Croatia has some magic left in the tank.
Unlikeable ? They were provoked before and during the game. I love the way South Americans are portrayed as lowlifes while European players are the epitome of manners and impeccable behaviour. Anyone who watches football knows that is a load of twaddle.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Unlikeable ? They were provoked before and during the game. I love the way South Americans are portrayed as lowlifes while European players are the epitome of manners and impeccable behaviour. Anyone who watches football that is a load of twaddle.
It’s easy to see why but ya it happens constantly such a joke. Anyway we move.

@cgf like this post for me

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford

Meanwhile Timber stays on the pitch.

Fingers crossed the gift you received in 2018 with a disorganized side, a coach appointed months before, will be repaid.

It’s easy to see why but ya it happens constantly such a joke. Anyway we move.

@cgf like this post for me

1966 the refereeing was a joke. All the South American sides who were genuine contenders were bundled out by the referees.

Diego gets labelled a drug cheat constantly which actually only impaired his performance while a whole team on amphetamines plus an appalling offside decision wins in 54.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I’m not defending Lahoz because he’s a horrendous ref but I would love to see some of you guys try it. Sometimes the comments about refs here are high quality. The referee isn’t going to double yellow there because it sets a horrible tone for the rest of the game. Just not going to happen.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Unlikeable ? They were provoked before and during the game. I love the way South Americans are portrayed as lowlifes while European players are the epitome of manners and impeccable behaviour. Anyone who watches football knows that is a load of twaddle.
Yeah you knows it's perfectly true. European players never simulate, roll around or cry foul to the referee.

Who was it that kungfu kicked themselves out of a final in 2010 or nearly killed a player in 1982 ?

For Lahoz refereeing a game is incidental. What matters is awarding needless setpieces and making sure he uses as many cards as possible. Surely this cannot be the best official the Spanish federeration can provide.

Several clean tackles by the Argentine players all penalized. No wonder the art of tackling is disappearing from the game.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah you knows it's perfectly true. European players never simulate, roll around or cry foul to the referee.

Who was it that kungfu kicked themselves out of a final in 2010 or nearly killed a player in 1982 ?

For Lahoz refereeing a game is incidental. What matters is awarding needless setpieces and making sure he uses as many cards as possible. Surely this cannot be the best official the Spanish federeration can provide.

Several clean tackles by the Argentine players all penalized. No wonder the art of tackling is disappearing from the game.
Bingo in fact Romero first tackle was as clean as you can Get. But he called it a foul and later carded Romero who needed to be subbed off which eventually led to the tying goal. Anyone who questions him really should focus more he’s a monster of a defender.

Reactions: BMann

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I’m not defending Lahoz because he’s a horrendous ref but I would love to see some of you guys try it. Sometimes the comments about refs here are high quality. The referee isn’t going to double yellow there because it sets a horrible tone for the rest of the game. Just not going to happen.
I mean, it happened in the 89th minute. And what “horrible” tone does it set? Don’t do brain dead things during dead balls to target opposing players not even on the pitch? Totally disagree with this. If anything it sets the completely correct tone.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I mean, it happened in the 89th minute. And what “horrible” tone does it set? Don’t do brain dead things during dead balls to target opposing players not even on the pitch? Totally disagree with this. If anything it sets the completely correct tone.
Like I said I’m not defending the ref so I don’t know what’s going on in his head. But when a ref plays the tough guy act there’s only one place that goes and it goes into you having to send off two or three players. The moment van Dijk ran in there, moment bench ran on the pitch, if you pull out a red you kinda have to send off the players who ran on the pitch too.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
The false narrative Argentina supporters ITT are trying to create about how only South Americans are criticized with regards to such behaviour (no doubt because of racism or bigotry or some bullshit like that) while all European sides are viewed as angels is such a crock of shit it doesn't even dignify a response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad