GWT: World Cup - Group G (Brazil and Switzerland Advance)

Who Advances?

• Brazil

Votes: 45 97.8%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Cameroon

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Serbia

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This type of play bodes well for Brazil for rest of the tournament. They wear the opponents down without spending too much energy themselves. And then if somebody is having an off day, they can send in quality players against tired opponents.

Bazil with the most efficient and tactically sound performance of the 1st round against a good opponent.

Of course Neymar being a bit fragile is a risk for them, but even with him out, they have good options for replacement.
A South American team will win this year

• Love
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Vini Jr is the captain now

Neymar was very poor. Raphinha sucks at finishing but creates a ton with his pace. Having Martinelli, Rodrygo and Antony to throw at tired teams is sure nice.

Casemiro is a animal, most underrated player easily. BEAST

Reactions: luiginb

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Dang. I wanted Serbia to keep the string of upsets going. Brazil flops around too much. Too good for that stuff. Kudos to the Iranian ref for not having any of it today. Unlike the American ref bowing before CR7's theatrics.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
So before the WC started, EA pushed a WC update in FIFA23 , so I played with Brazil

Neymar injury during the 1st game vs Serbia, injured for the rest of the tournament, Richarlison top scorer for Brazil, and I won the WC

So far 2 of those 3 things have happened, WHAT THE HELL

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Neymar wasn’t good, but the whole team clearly benefitted from him being on the pitch even tho he didn’t manage to do anything individually.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Of course Richarlison went on to score twice after I expressed my distaste for his selection. But hey the outcome was the goal of the tournament so far, so I'm happy to have been wrong.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
that is a big difference from a team like Portugal that seems like no one, no even the coach, has balls to not defer to Ronaldo's corpse at every play.
Lol Neymar’s touch was too strong, it’s not like he would have been able to be in a position to shoot, Vini did the logical thing, it’s not “having balls”

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not sure I commented in here...was watching with my sister & texting about the game with a new woman, who I'm way too excited about having met lol...but what a 2nd goal by Richarlison.

I was joking to her about how in the first half Brazil has been looking mighty German, but that was a loud way for Brazil to ensure that they didn't suffer the same fate when they had their chance to make it 2-0.

I still think some folks over-rate him massively, but massive kudos to Richarlison on that goal. That'll be talked about for a long time, even if they crash out.

• Wow
Reactions: John Pedro

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure I commented in here...was watching with my sister & texting about the game with a new woman, who I'm way too excited about having met lol...but what a 2nd goal by Richarlison.

I was joking to her about how in the first half Brazil has been looking mighty German, but that was a loud way for Brazil to ensure that they didn't suffer the same fate when they had their chance to make it 2-0.

I still think some folks over-rate him massively, but massive kudos to Richarlison on that goal. That'll be talked about for a long time, even if they crash out.
Who overrates him? Think most see him as the scrub he is?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Fun game if you don't have a horse in it. Both teams just slicing through the other's defence

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
draw is probably fair but neither side will be happy about it, especially serbia considering their lead

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad