GWT: World Cup - Group G (Brazil and Switzerland Advance)

Who Advances?

• Brazil

Votes: 45 97.8%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Cameroon

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Serbia

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Missed this game unfortunately because im
At work. The defending on the last 2 goals by Serbia was shocking. Mitrovic also missed chances he usually buries from the highlights I saw

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yup, probably time to put a fork in my dark horse prediction. They need a better coach to do that, and their stars to be fitter.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Kosovo all pooled their talent and resources the resulting team would potentially be a dark horse.
Crazy take that if you add more talent to the World Cup runner-up, they may be a World Cup contender

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yugoslavia was often a powerhouse.

While certainly true, they also often underachieved compared to how good they were on paper. Thus my comment about team cohesion.

Crazy take that if you add more talent to the World Cup runner-up, they may be a World Cup contender

It's a little different when those talent pools did once compete together.

Reactions: gary69

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Jesus and Antony coming on, let's see if the PL boys can shake things up

Can't say this one's been quite as riveting as the earlier games so far

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Great but lucky striker. It was going straight at Sommer until it touched a swiss' player's butt and deflected into the side of the goal.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Switzerland is always a pain in the ass. They've the best defense in Europe.

Tite screwed things up with Fred who shouldn't even be in the squad

Alex Sandro too, Caio Henrique is much better than him

Casemiro is having himself a tourney. His long passing in the first game was also astounding.

he's a boss

if he didn't miss the game against Belgium last WC I'm sure Brazil would've had advanced.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Switzerland is always a pain in the ass. They've the best defense in Europe.

Tite screwed things up with Fred who shouldn't even be in the squad

Alex Sandro too, Caio Henrique is much better than him

he's a boss

if he didn't miss the game against Belgium last WC I'm sure Brazil would've had advanced.

I used to think he was mostly just a goon, but over the years I've had to begrudgingly give him respect for his skill.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I used to think he was mostly just a goon, but over the years I've had to begrudgingly give him respect for his skill.
playing alongside Kroos and Modric probably made him look worse on the ball given that these two are next level. He also embraced the garbage boy role. he used to play more up the pitch in Brazil before moving to Madrid/Porto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad