GWT: World Cup - Group G (Brazil and Switzerland Advance)

Who Advances?

• Brazil

Votes: 45 97.8%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Cameroon

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Serbia

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Put Hulk on.

original.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Weird sport this sometimes. Richarlison has been invisble and still scores twice and this was actually a beauty.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
When you don't start Vlahovic and Kostic it's for lack of trying.

Serbian reporters were saying they were recovering from injuries and not fit yet; and why risk aggravating an injury in a game your unlikely to win? I fancy their chances against Cameroon and Switzerland instead.

Reactions: gary69

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
That's like 50% of Ruud van Nistelrooy's matches.

Yeah and i didn’t like him either :sarcasm:

No but seriously not exactly a fan of players who isn’t involved in the games and who’s only ability is to score. Not saying that is the case of Richarlison but at least today it was.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah and i didn’t like him either :sarcasm:

No but seriously not exactly a fan of players who isn’t involved in the games and who’s only ability is to score. Not saying that is the case of Richarlison but at least today it was.

As someone who is absolutely horrible at scoring goals, I'm envious of those players who have that natural knack for it.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
This type of play bodes well for Brazil for rest of the tournament. They wear the opponents down without spending too much energy themselves. And then if somebody is having an off day, they can send in quality players against tired opponents.

Bazil with the most efficient and tactically sound performance of the 1st round against a good opponent.

Of course Neymar being a bit fragile is a risk for them, but even with him out, they have good options for replacement.

Last edited:

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
As someone who is absolutely horrible at scoring goals, I'm envious of those players who have that natural knack for it.

It’s obviously an ability that will make you a millionnaire ;) But i prefer the Benzema/Aguero type over Haaland/Lewandowski anyday. Just overall more impressing to have the ability to create on your own and still being able to be involved in others scoring too. But that’s just taste i guess.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This type of play bodes well for Brazil for rest of the tournament. They wear the opponents down without spending too much energy themselves. And then if somebody is having an off day, they can send in quality players against tired opponents.

Bazil with the most efficient and tactically sound performance of the 1st round against a good opponent.

Of course Neymar being a bit fragile is a risk for them, but even with out, they have good options for replacement.

Agree. This Brazilian squad has a different feel to it than the past 4 or so Brazilian NT's we've seen at the World Cup.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Just the fact that they're no longer 100% reliant on Neymar anymore makes a big difference. He was absolute crap today.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Of course Neymar being a bit fragile is a risk for them, but even with him out, they have good options for replacement.
Anytime Tite is at the helm they remain unconvincing.

Reactions: Tony Romo

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm wondering if they have a way to fit both Vini Jr and Martinelli to run at defenders and deliver balls from the left wing. Maybe you have to go with 3 at the back to do it but Thiago Silva works really well in the middle with 3 at the back.

Because Danilo and Sandro weren't contributing much at all going forward it felt like a very outdated usage of formation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad