OT: World Cup 2022

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Ref was poor but I can't say he impacted the result so there's that at least.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am wondering if England will ever exceed my expectations in my lifetime? Even once would be nice and I don’t even think that means a championship (Euro or World Cup). Always the Schleprock’s

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
In retrospect . Canada was in a tough group F seeing how far both Croatia and Morocco have advanced to the semis

Ended up being a pretty cruel group considering they came out as the top team from the CONCACAF as well. Very very tough draw, but that's how it goes sometimes in these major tourneys.

To put it in perspective, I think Canada would have fared quite a bit better with either the USA or Mexico group.

Regardless, I think it was great to see them back on the big stage and start to build towards 2026 where I think they will make some more noise.

With my Azzurri making a habit of being spectators for the WC, unfortunately, I've been taking a lot of these games in as a neutral fan and it has been quite a fun tournament. A lot of good story-lines playing out and overall a ton of entertainment value.

The quarter finals were exceptional overall. If we can see some of that spill over into the semi-finals, I think we are in for some more incredible viewing.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Quite a few people are saying that this will be his last world cup but if anyone can be a valuable piece for his team at 40+ it's him. At his age right now he is still one of the best players in the world

Not like they really have anyone else at that position coming up too. Dybala hasn't been the next one that Argentina has hoped for.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad