OT: World Cup 2022

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Morroccan tender was amazing in penalties.

Switzerland's team is holding their own... oops spoke too soon. :) Portugal's defence is ..... zealous.

Morocco deserved to advance, they executed their game plan perfectly. Does Spain not practice PK's because their attempts were rather pathetic. No power on any of them except for thebone off the post. I'll give the keeper some credit but Spain didn't do themselves any favors with those attempts.

Reactions: kanadalainen

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Morocco deserved to advance, they executed their game plan perfectly. Does Spain not practice PK's because their attempts were rather pathetic. No power on any of them except for thebone off the post. I'll give the keeper some credit but Spain didn't do themselves any favors with those attempts.

There's been some very bad penalties at this WC.

Morocco tried to park the bus against Spain and it worked. Spain didn't look like they had any answers for it. I'm sure they'll try again against Portugal.

I think England v France will be the best game of the QF, though Argentina v Netherlands is a close second. I can't see Croatia getting through Brazil and as I said above I think Morocco tries to choke Portugal out which is effective but not fun to watch.

Reactions: surixon

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Having no skin in the game and no bets I thought Morocco winning was bad for soccer in one big way. They were playing for penalties and wasting time when the game was tied

Being a Dolphins fan I did like the Waddle celebration from the winning shot though

Reactions: Jack7222

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Having no skin in the game and no bets I thought Morocco winning was bad for soccer in one big way. They were playing for penalties and wasting time when the game was tied

Being a Dolphins fan I did like the Waddle celebration from the winning shot though

Playing for penalties is a tale as old as time in tournaments like this. This game itself wasn't bad for soccer because it's happened so many times before and will again, probably in the next game Morocco play.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Playing for penalties is a tale as old as time in tournaments like this. This game itself wasn't bad for soccer because it's happened so many times before and will again, probably in the next game Morocco play.

It's also not like they just sat back. They countered quite well throughout the game and got a couple very dangerous looks as a result.

Portugal has better individual attacking players than Spain and that could pull them out of shape. Portugal will also challenge them more with quick direct play which will ture them our more quickly imo.

Reactions: JetsNut

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Spain's Luis Enrique

gargamel-walk-the-plank.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Beautiful goal by Neymar - what a setup play - now I see what the fuss is all about. :)

Aaaaand Croatia gets it back with an equally amazing strike. Nick of time for that bunch. The Brazillian side is stunned.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyKillian

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Croatia always seem to do just enough. Extremely efficient.

Horrible first penalty from Brazil

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Argentina doing it right, their best taker 1st unlike Brazil saving Neymar for last and not using him

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Poor Netherlands, I have two buddies who will be destroyed.

Congrats to Argentina, Messi coming through hard.. chopped the Dutch defence in half with his first point (assist). I think it was a no look. o_O

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
Poor Netherlands, I have two buddies who will be destroyed.

Congrats to Argentina, Messi coming through hard.. chopped the Dutch defence in half with his first point (assist). I think it was a no look. o_O
That pass was great. Comparable to a hockey play (like Neymar's goal) with how quickly the field seemed to collapse on him and how little space he had.

Not a bad day to be home sick with COVID, haha...

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Just going to say was that a couple of awesome games today or what? I predicted Argentina to win it all before this started. One more win to get to the final.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Oh my god if Morocco actually pull off this win, it's party time in France.

If France also win, double party time. If they lose we could see some tension in the streets tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad