GDT: SVK vs POL 15.5.2024

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Complicated question with a complicated and long answer.

In short, hopeless? No. In trouble? Yes.

Ice hockey is not even in the top 10 most popular sports in Poland, it gets no love, no funding, very little media attention.

Thanks for the insight! I think I just remember the Isles having Czerkawski and coupled with hockey having a decent following and talent pool in Eastern Europe it would be natural. I didn't realize there was such little love and support for hockey, I figured soccer was the favorite but surprised to hear about hockey.

Totally hopeless. Same stories I heard in the 80s as a child. Nothing ever changed. Black hole.
Since then I moved to USA and took my son through a hockey program. He played AAA and after he "retired" his team finally was second in the country. I have seen what it takes to build "hockey". Poland will never ever know what it even means, not to mention do it. But the solution is super simple, I can write it in 5 points.

That's a shame. I mentioned Czerkawski above, one of my favorite Islanders, and I expected to see at least a few more guys come from the country.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad