World Champion Finale GDT Sid vs. Geno

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
**** yeah!

As someone who is going to canada Latvia I'm extremely excited to watch Sid.

(Suddenly altering my entire travel itinerary to fit in one canada game doesn't seem so nutty after all :))

Although players playing these games always makes me nervous

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
Kinda disappointing.

He wasn't really there for us when we needed him....

Shades of Geno and Gonchar back in '09.
I meant if he had played as well as he could/should have...then maybe the Rags series would have been tied or we would have maybe won it?

What did you expect him to do??!! 2 players, both on the same line, can't be everywhere and do everything. Sid and Horny both had to go back and play in their own zone because our blue line was Martin, AHL call-ups, and Scuds. One or two players can't carry a team with as little depth as ours.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
And good for Sid - maybe he'll get to play some of his beautiful hockey with top-caliber wingers and put this season behind him and enter the Triple Gold club.

I don't understand how ANY person who claims to be a fan of Sid and the Pens can be unhappy about him going.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pity that it looks like Geno won't participate on account of health problems. But I kinda hopes for Tarasenko, Ovi and Kuznetsov. And Datsyuk or Kucherov.

penspenspens

Feb 2, 2014
Great, now one can watch Sid for a couple of more games this season. Will be interesting too. I guess he wouldn't go if he wasn't motivated, so it'll be fun to see how he does with such strong team mates (a D who can make a pass?). Most teams are pretty weak in the World Series, he should be able to dominate.

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
The last time and only Crosby played at the WC his tournament ended when he scored a goal, turned around to celebrate and some Swedish nobody cross-checked him square in the jaw. I hope things go better for him this time, he should end this lousy season on a high note. Also because I have tickets and want to watch him live. :)

The Swedish guy's not a nobody.

He's the guy on Team Sweden who cross-checked Crosby "square in the jaw" at the World Championships.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I sorta thought he would cuz he's finally healthy.
I knew he'd want to play with Nate but i didn't know if he wanted to play with all the Flyers on the squad. Good on Sid to go and try and help them win.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Roster so far:

3be07467b56c833b6d06cc53aadd22e8.png

e68ea20eff2bceafb543721e2c1adc53.png

17bb4058d6b30584aa24a9557f363562.png

64eba956ee4e342b875b5d068eeda5bd.png

Todd McLellan HC
Peter DeBoer AC
Bill Peters AC

Round Robin Schedule

bd5dbc27f5852b2a4b31880b48a793fe.png

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pretty stacked at forward. The defense on the other hand is a bit of a question mark.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'm fine with this. After his cup win, most of his accomplishments have been international. May as well build up that resume.

Edit: weird as it sounds, Schenn-Crosby-Giroux would have the look of a pretty productive line, if Canada went with that. And I say this as someone who thinks Brayden Schenn is garbage.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Probably not what they will do, but Duchene-Crosby-MacKinnon would be pretty damn fun to watch.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Is TC going to rescind it's offer to Claude Giroux now to appease Sid? After all, wasn't it Crosby who kept Giroux off the 2014 Sochi team? :sarcasm:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Cool. Hope he lights it up and ends the year on a positive note. And for the love of Christ, stays healthy.

As for Geno...the way he played, he ought to shut it down. Guy needs to recover from whatever the hell it was that made him play like that.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Going for the triple Gold club.

I assume he will be named team captain. They have a pretty powerful forward group already, should be fun to watch. He might even play on a good PP unit here, considering Giroux plays the opposite side of it so well. That unit should be fun to watch, a threat to score from both side, unlike the Penguins.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: