World Champion Finale GDT Sid vs. Geno

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Good for him. I hope he does well... he deserves some semblance of redemption this miserable-ass season. Hopefully he can find it, there.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Kinda disappointing.

He wasn't really there for us when we needed him....

Shades of Geno and Gonchar back in '09.
Really? Sid played a strong series. Him and Hornqvist were the Pens' entire offense. Sid did about as much as he could given the circumstances.

Good for Sid, though. It will be nice to see him play in a different setting. He ripped up the World Championships as an 18-year-old.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Kinda disappointing.

Huh? We scored 6 even strength goals. He was on the ice for 5 of them. He and Horny were our entire offense. I have no clue how you can say he wasn't there for us.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Kinda disappointing.

Uh, what?

Why Are people ******** On Sid after this series? He played his ass off and didn't check out. His line was the only line that was dangerous on a nightly basis. I get that four points in four nights is under what we expect, but you can't ask Sid to carry the puck, move the puck, pass the puck, score the puck on every shift.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Should be interesting how fans/media react to this compared to Malkin possibly going too.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Good. Maybe he can find some added fun into his game. And maybe he can do some networking while he's there. I'm VERY curious to see who plays with him. McLellan is coaching the team.

This can only be a positive thing, imo.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Huh? We scored 6 even strength goals. He was on the ice for 5 of them. He and Horny were our entire offense. I have no clue how you can say he wasn't there for us.

I meant if he had played as well as he could/should have...then maybe the Rags series would have been tied or we would have maybe won it?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I meant if he had played as well as he could/should have...then maybe the Rags series would have been tied or we would have maybe won it?

So basically you're saying that you expected Sid to single-handedly beat the Presidents Trophy winning team?

I don't know what more he could have done. He played a very good series with what little he had to work with.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah the Crosby hate is insane. He was the only chance of offense the entire series.

People need to learn the way the league is now one guy isn't going to be able to carry the team through a tough series anymore.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Good for him. He said himself before the series that he feels as healthy as ever and even play like it. He was carrying this terrible team since February, being on the ice for basically 70% of total goals scored by the Pens. So it´s not really surprising. He deserves to be on a team that can score some goals for a change.

As for Malkin, I hope he doesn´t go, that would be a slap to the face if he does.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Watch other star players around the league. They go cold and their team still wins. That's not the case here.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Awesome. I'm in the minority, but I love watching all of the international hockey games and there won't be much pressure on Sid. Playing without so much pressure once in a while should be good for Sid.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
As long as he stays healthy I'm fine with it. The last time he played in the WCs he got plastered by some Finnish idiot head first into the boards but was miraculously okay.

Yeah, Sid's definitely the reason they lost the series. Not missing 3 of their top 4 d-men, or having no 2nd line, or facing the Stanley Cup favorites.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm not crazy about Sid or any penguin playing in these exhibition tournaments.

Nothing positive can come out of these exhibition tournaments for the penguins.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I'm not crazy about Sid or any penguin playing in these exhibition tournaments.

Nothing positive can come out of these exhibition tournaments for the penguins.

Oh really? What if Sid dominates this tournament? You don't think that would be great for his confidence going into next season? What if he can lure a good player to come play for his team while he's over there?

There is all kinds of positive that can come from this.

The worlds isn't an 'exhibition'. Preseason hockey is an exhibition. The all-star game is an exhibition. This is as intense, quality hockey as someone eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs can find.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00