Wooing Matt O'Connor to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think for this guy a big part of his decision is going to be on the aspect of working with the Goaltending Coach.

Can't say I know much about the other teams but it seems that Rick Wamsley is quite good at this position for the Senators and that really seemed to come across when O'Connor was in town for his visit. I think this is going to be a big plus for Ottawa.

On another note, I have to take issue with Vancouver having beautiful weather.
I lived in Vancouver for 3 years and they have beautiful Summers but I would actually take an Ottawa Winter over a Vancouver Winter. One January that I was out there, it rained every single day. It can be tough when you don't see the sun for weeks at a time!

True about the rain, but I enjoy rain so maybe I'm weird that way.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
BU free agent G Matt O'Connor expected to decide within the next 48 hours which one of 4 NHL teams - EDM, NYR, OTT, VAN - he'll sign with.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
BU free agent G Matt O'Connor expected to decide within the next 48 hours which one of 4 NHL teams - EDM, NYR, OTT, VAN - he'll sign with.

Thank ****ing god. I have a strong feeling he is going to New York, but its good to finally have an end to all the speculation.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Are we really debating why a 20something who is about to make millions would prefer NYC over Ottawa?

Higher taxes in NYC, higher housing, higher everything in terms of cost.

That does play a role in things when you're looking at the long-term picture.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I hope he decides to take his talents to a dirt parking lot in Kanata.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Goalie Matt O’Connor will wake up Saturday morning, make three difficult phone calls, and then call his new National Hockey League general manager with the fourth.

The 6-foot-5 free agent from Boston University has decided on his NHL destination, and will inform each of Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and the New York Rangers which organization he will sign his Entry Level Contract with.

The teams should know by 1 pm Eastern time Saturday afternoon, Sportsnet has learned. The Senators, Rangers, Oilers and Canucks are all that remain from a long list of NHL suitors

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oconnor-to-sign-with-nhl-team-within-48-hours/

Lehner is pretty much gone if we get O'Connor

That's what some Sabres fans are hoping for. ;)

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I still don't think he amounts to anything special given the hype. He's only had 1 great season and that was behind an awesome team with Eichel. Let in back breaking goals in the Semis and Finals of the tournament, one of which was the worst gaffe I have ever seen from a goalie, but I'm not employed by an NHL team so what do I know?

Last edited:

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I still don't think he amounts to anything special given the hype, but I'm not employed by an NHL team so what do I know?

How often do these college UFA's actually live up to the hype? The big deal for teams is that it's a free asset with some added development time tossed in. If it doesn't work out then nothing of value is lost.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
How often do these college UFA's actually live up to the hype? The big deal for teams is that it's a free asset with some added development time tossed in. If it doesn't work out then nothing of value is lost.

I'm bothered by all this lets ship out Lehner because we signed O'Connor talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad