Wooing Matt O'Connor to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We should offer him cookies if he signs with us. Nobody can resist hot and delicious chocolate chip cookies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
In the event that we pick up O'Connor, I'm only keen to trade Lehner if the market is strong for him and we can get full value back.

I doubt that is the case at the moment, though. Last thing I want to do is move him at 50 cents to the dollar.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
really? having Lundquist signed for another 7 years at 8.5 million would really deter me from signing there.

Firstly I doubt Henrik lasts that long.

Secondly being a young millionaire athlete in NYC would be a pretty amazing experience. At least for a time.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
oh he is announcing his decision today at 1pm?
I was reading the posts thinking it would be tomorrow.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
In the event that we pick up O'Connor, I'm only keen to trade Lehner if the market is strong for him and we can get full value back.

I doubt that is the case at the moment, though. Last thing I want to do is move him at 50 cents to the dollar.

I think that if the market for Lehner is poor the team will start the year with however many goals they have to see if they improve their value through play

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
If Lehner can't ride a bike yet, he's probably months away from even training. We might see him until late into the year...

Concussions are tricky and signing Hammond and O'Connor now to give us some real depth in goal could be a necessity.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Free first to third rd pick essentially with how he's ranked. Sure wish we'd offered this contract when we had him in house.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
You would assume that Ottawa has a significant advantage now considering both Vancouver and New York have pretty decent goalies...However with Talbot being UFA, you have to assume going to NYC would be a pretty big thing for this kid. Not sure if he wants the limelight or to just play hockey without being too bothered on off days (Unless you're named Daniel Alfredsson....) but be scrutinized being in a Canadian city..

Vancouver surprises me a lot that they're still in the running. I just don't see why he'd wanna go to a team that is about to head into probably a massive rebuild and not really go far, with two goalies that are considered Number 1s...

I'd be even more surprised if they traded Miller a year after getting him. Vancouver doesn't make sense.

NYC and Ottawa are the final two and I would think that because OTT gave him such a shot last year, he leans back to us in loyalty. But I could be wrong...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Apparently Edmonton has been notified they're out!

So the kid isnt an idiot atleast we know that.

I really hope he comes here it will allow them to move Lehner for some kindof asset. Thats how you build a good organization you maximize your assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad