WJC Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Would be one of the rare RHDs who play on the left side. I know Boqvist did it in juniors or international I dont remember. In the NHL it's extremely rare. I believe Julien isnt the type of coach who's comfortable with this.

didn't know it was that rare. That's too bad. Heard that Brook's been playing his off side for a bit from David St-Louis. Wonder if it's worth it to keep him there to see if he can hack it.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I hope our dumb GM makes a good move and send Kotka there
I hope Kotkaniemi goes, just because he deserves the opportunity to play in that tournament after getting snubbed last year- but his play this year isn't "expendable". He's been extremely valuable to our team this year, far more than Mete last year who wasn't playing at times. Not that it will make a difference in the long run, I just can't imagine Bergevin giving away a core player for free for a few weeks.

Reactions: dralaf

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I don't like these pairing at all. Brook and Bouchard are both risky and Bouchard can be downright dumb, at times.

Brook is very reliable and safe from the few times I watched him. Maybe I catched games when he was hot idk

Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook is very reliable and safe from the few times I watched him. Maybe I catched games when he was hot idk

he's pretty good in his own end, he's not at say Juulsen's level defensively but not that far from it imo. He's great at rushing the puck out, I had thought maybe they would put him with Smith but maybe the coach wants him with Bouchard to cover his defensive game (I don't know too much about Bouchard) since the coach knows what Brook and Smith can do from coaching with/against.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He is reliable, but he likes to carry the puck up ice a lot and overcommits, since hes more of an offensive Dman than a defensive one. Dobson and Smith are both more reliable defensively, it'd make sense to swap them around, IMO.

Or to use Dobson/Bouchard/Brook on three different pairings.

Dobson could/should get the tough matchups, the Mete treatment of last year
Brook should get the Makar matchups
Bouchard can f*** off i know he'll cost us a goal in the medal round.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DuQmgF3U8AAX8Ec.jpg

Canada playing a friendly tonight. Suzuki as 1C, but Brook not in the line-up.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't like these pairing at all. Brook and Bouchard are both risky and Bouchard can be downright dumb, at times.

Bouchard is a stud, I wouldn't worry too much.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
A couple notes:

Leason is draft eligible. He will be selected this year. Not a free agent.

I think Glass and Tippett as rotational players is more an indication they are locks to make the team. More likely to want to get more looks at players that are on the bubble.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Canada releases Cameron Crotty, Raphael Lavoie, Ty Dellandrea, and Calen Addison.

Lavoie, Dellandrea, and Addison are still eligible to play next year. Crotty is 19 and this was his last shot.

They still need to cut a goalie, three defensemen, and for forwards.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad