WJC Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I think it's very rudimentary. He maybe learned a bit during his time in Rimouski but that's it.
Like, he's good enough to talk in a commercial, but probably prepared so that it sounds right. Crosby
There you go!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Hard to not be excited about Romanov and Ylonen.

Ylonen was the most exciting pick from the last draft for me, and I'm concerned his mediocre shot will hold him back at the NHL level, everything else looks really good. In typical Finnish fashion he has a little bite too, even if he will never be a banger.

Brooks kind of reminds me of a better Mete. Probably will never be an exciting player but he looks good. Not the biggest fan of Suzuki, he's better than he looked so far but I don't think he's a sure thing.

Poehling is fine. I think people look at his college numbers and get a little too excited about his offensive upside, but he's a player for sure.

I keep flip flopping on Olofsson.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yolo and Romo are definitely looking great, and they were the two guys who we really needed to see perform. Poehling was excellent in his game too. It’s really hard to separate yourself on Canada though, but Suzuki and Brook still have time. Suzuki just needs to play with skilled line mates.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Hard to not be excited about Romanov and Ylonen.

Ylonen was the most exciting pick from the last draft for me, and I'm concerned his mediocre shot will hold him back at the NHL level, everything else looks really good. In typical Finnish fashion he has a little bite too, even if he will never be a banger.

Brooks kind of reminds me of a better Mete. Probably will never be an exciting player but he looks good. Not the biggest fan of Suzuki, he's better than he looked so far but I don't think he's a sure thing.

Poehling is fine. I think people look at his college numbers and get a little too excited about his offensive upside, but he's a player for sure.

I keep flip flopping on Olofsson.

I don't think Ylonen's shot is mediocre but just from that one game I'd like to see him maybe use it a bit more. The one shot I saw him take was pretty hard and almost scored with it. Every time he had the puck he seemed to make something happen mostly through very very clever passing.

I don't think Brook in necessarily NOT exciting. He's got great tools. I mean he wouldn't be PK exciting but he seems pretty adept with the puck.

Agree with Poehling more or less. I'd like to see more of him and more from him as well.

Every time I see Olofsson (which isn't a lot mind you) he underwhelms. Last night he had one shift that showed good and bad. Nice puck possession using his size and skating but then tripped on the net behind it. I think he can definitely be an NHLer but unless he makes some pretty big leaps in his game next year I don't think he can be much of anything exciting. Great assets though so I definitely don't want write him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad