WJC Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I'm wondering If we send Kotka to the WJC, when will we have to lent him, so we don't have to handicap the Habs for too long.

(DEC. 14) Final Roster submited
(DEC. 19-23) Prelim games
(DEC. 25 - JAN 05) Tourney

That said would we have to send him on DEC. 14th for chemistry practice or at best on DEC. 19th straith for the prelims. I doubt sending on DEC. 25th without practice would be a possibility.

How many games/days do you think we would be losing Kotka with the habs?

*EDIT* Habs play 10 games between DEC 14th through JAN 05.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm wondering If we send Kotka to the WJC, when will we have to lent him, so we don't have to handicap the Habs for too long.

That said would we have to send him on DEC. 14th for chemistry practice or at best on DEC. 19th straith for the prelims. I doubt sending on DEC. 25th without practice would be a possibility.

Even if we lose a few more games until DEC 14th, I dont think the management even consider it. In their opinion we are fighting for a playoff spot, and Kotkaniemi is by far one of our three best centre. So none is my answer.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Even if we lose a few more games until DEC 14th, I dont think the management even consider it. In their opinion we are fighting for a playoff spot, and Kotkaniemi is by far one of our three best centre. So none is my answer.

I agree with you.
I was just trying to see the damage/how many games lost If they would.
Just thinking about having Shaw/Peca/Chaput centering our 3rd/4th makes me wanna puke.

But having said that, Kotka in WJC would have been fun to watch!

Last edited:
Reactions: De Montreal
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I agree with you.
I was just trying to see the damage/how many games lost If they would.
Just thinking about having Shaw/Peca/Chaput centering our 3rd/4th makes me wanna puke.

But having said that, Kotka in WJC would have been fun to watch!
A lot! And the WJC will be fun to watch, but we will have to switch channel between Habs and Team Canada/USA games quite a few times. Oh well. Christmas will be fun anyway.

Reactions: Holystik

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

I’d agree with sending him from an experience standpoint, but my concern would be the fatigue factor. You’re already getting the guy who was used to playing half the games he has to play now in the nhl, to play a few more in an intense tournament in a different time zone. Plus, potentially play more should this team make playoffs. That could equal a very long season for an 18 year old who just last year played, what? 40 games? I’m guessing. Plus, what if he got hurt at the tournament? There goes a good rookie that has been contributing to our success. I just don’t think it’s worth it.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Fwiw Bobby Mac said he won't make the team.
I saw that and I didn't quite understand why? I see him as a guy that will start on the third pairing and by the end will be logging first pair minutes.
You have Moose Jaw's Hunter as head coach and the Dubs Kisio on the coaching staff.....seems an odd statement by Bobby Mac.

Reactions: jaffy27

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I don't remember who of Button or McKenzie said this but they listed 3 RD as locks: Bouchard, Dobson and Mitchell. None on the left side..

ginomini

May 25, 2014
But Button said he was a lock for the top 4.

But obviously it's weird situation since they have so many good rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad