WJC talk

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Saarijärvi not shooting too much, so definitely a Wing.. Kidding aside I feel like he's one of the guys really trying for Finland. Must be one of the TOI leaders.

He has been tops in shots/game among defenseman in the OHL the last 2 years running. He actually loves to shoot the puck.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Saarijarvi threw a sweet left hook in frustration in the post-match scuffle.

He was really good in the 3rd period, created many chances for his teammates who couldn't finish.

And he was just named best for Finland.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

He was really good in the 3rd period, created many chances for his teammates who couldn't finish.

Finnish fans seem pretty salty about this. They seem surprised he got player of the game, because he got a bunch of shots blocked. Hard to tell how much of that is legitimate and how much is frustration from the game.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Finnish fans seem pretty salty about this. They seem surprised he got player of the game, because he got a bunch of shots blocked. Hard to tell how much of that is legitimate and how much is frustration from the game.

I noticed many of his shots were getting blocked towards the end, Denmark were absolutely committed to blocking shots. He adjusted though, threw a few nice fakes, opened up lanes and passed it to open teammates near the net.

He was their best defenseman, easily (in the 3rd at least).

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Good, I really like the idea of him on our third pairing and running our 2nd PP when we are actually good again. :yo:

Sooo.. The plan should be to Draft Hischier this year and Dahlin next year. Right okay the plan is set, everyone on board. The cup parade should be in aprox 5 years.

He's being compared to Ehlers which is pretty awesome. I really like what I've seen from Ehlers this year. Smooth as hell and on pace for 67 points this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tage Thompson has been the best player for USA, IMO. Kid looks really impressive.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
It's only the first period, but Hronek has been really good. He's showing more of his offense. But what sticks out to me is how good his defensive game is. He's so composed almost all the time.

His great skating makes it very difficult for opponents to get behind him.

Watched his feet closely in that second period, the way he was exploding out of transitions was pretty.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hronek caught reaching a bit, he'll learn hopefully. His positioning and on-ice awareness has been top notch imo from what I've seen.

Nice to see Denmark continuing to make progress with their hockey program.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Hronek has been far from consistent. If you squint he almost looked like B.Smith today

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Brendan Smith was a pretty damn good hockey player at 19/20

He had a strong game today, I don't see how you can belittle his performance. I didn't see the 30 minutes between the first intermission and halfway through the third due to work stuff though.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
don't know much about this guy but apparently wings goalie prospect van Pottelberghe has been doing well for Switzerland

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/jvp-keeping-switzerland-in-it-at-the-world-junior-championship

Kid turned pro last summer and it's showing now. Struggled out of the gate this season but has really turned it around lately. He always had the tools, just seemed to lack consistency. Looked sharp in his two games so far which is great to see. Seemed to track the puck really well and was always on top of the game despite seeing lots of shots. I guess playing against men in one of europe's best leagues and getting to work with a great staff really helped him find his groove and enter this tournament with confidence.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Brendan Smith was a pretty damn good hockey player at 19/20

He had a strong game today, I don't see how you can belittle his performance. I didn't see the 30 minutes between the first intermission and halfway through the third due to work stuff though.

Did you see him get undressed one on one? Im not saying he didn't have a good game, im saying he's been showing inconsistency in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad