WJC talk

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
One decade and USA will pass Canada overall.

That development system is just awesome.

That's flattering to read and I would love to see it happen. It's just nice to see some parity in a tournament devised to be a gold medal showcase for Canada and, occasionally, Russia. Sweden, Finland and the U.S. are steadily gaining ground as championship threats.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Great tournament! Honestly and people can look at those games however they want. But the USA just best Russian and Canada twice in a row each while claiming goal. That is what some of us have dreamed about. Just a great Tourny.

Pretty sure that was the 1st time the U.S. ran the table. I know Blaise and Housley's teams had 1st round losses. Great job by Motz & company!

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
One decade and USA will pass Canada overall.

That development system is just awesome.

If players like Matthews keep coming out of "new" markets, and the cost of real estate and child care in places like Toronto and Vancouver keep skyrocketing...I'd say it's inevitable.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
That's flattering to read and I would love to see it happen. It's just nice to see some parity in a tournament devised to be a gold medal showcase for Canada and, occasionally, Russia. Sweden, Finland and the U.S. are steadily gaining ground as championship threats.

I'd obviously love to see the USA start to become a full on power to rival Canada. With that being said it's great that it's truly an international/global sport and teams like Russia, Sweden and Finland can win titles. Canada's claim to being the best is pretty much always going to be contested and that makes it so much more compelling and it should stoke interest in all major hockey markets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad