WJC talk

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Excited to watch Saarijarvi and Hronek.

Also excited to see prospects: Necas, Petterson, Hischier, Andersson, Heiskanen, Salo, Vesalainen, Tolvanen, Ruzicka

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
"Speaking of that specific U20 tournament... Hronek... I think some of you will be very pleasantly surprised, he's a PP beast, I fully expect him to be 1st pairing D and possibly the best D on the team. He's so good."

Quote from the Czech's roster thread.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
I'm pumped to see Sarijarvi and Hronek, but only having three prospects in the tournament is kind of frustrating. That can't speak too well to the development of Ehn, Valhatalo, Kadeykin, etc

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm pumped to see Sarijarvi and Hronek, but only having three prospects in the tournament is kind of frustrating. That can't speak too well to the development of Ehn, Valhatalo, Kadeykin, etc

Vahatalo and Ehn have participated in the WJC before. Don't believe either are of age to participate in this tournament.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Super excited for Vili and Hronek, also really pumped to watch Tyson Jost and Mikey McCleod on Canada (both players I liked a lot going into last draft, unfortunate Jost went to the avs) - along with the incoming draftees. I'm gonna try and watch every game, hopefully the streams are good.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Hronek is really aggressive tonight. The Canadians are doing their usual thing where they try to intimidate the other team, and he's not having any of it. He's crosschecking people left and right, getting right up in their faces, etc. He's probably going to take a penalty here, but he's fiery AF.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hronek is really aggressive tonight. The Canadians are doing their usual thing where they try to intimidate the other team, and he's not having any of it. He's crosschecking people left and right, getting right up in their faces, etc. He's probably going to take a penalty here, but he's fiery AF.

Sooo he's the anti-Kindl, lol

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
All in all, I thought Hronek had a solid game. He didn't play a lot for whatever reason. It seemed like the Czechs were just rolling their pairings. But he seemed to always be in good position, cleared the zone well a couple of times, and had a few nice passes. He had a couple of hits, but nothing particularly brutal or anything. And, of course, the aforementioned roughhousing.

I look forward to seeing more offense in the next few, because he's supposed to be a really good PP type guy. But the Czechs were just totally hemmed in all the time, so there was nothing to show.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am very excited to watch the draft-eligibles this year, especially this crop of Finnish defensemen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am very excited to watch the draft-eligibles this year, especially this crop of Finnish defensemen.

Yeah, Finland might be the best team to watch for this upcoming draft.

Heiskanen, Salo, and Vaakanainen on the back end. Tolvanen and Vesalainen up front.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300

Heiskanen, Salo, and Vaakanainen on the back end. Tolvanen and Vesalainen up front.

Finland and Canada are stuffed full of first round picks.

For me it's

Canada
Finland
Sweden

It's an unbelievable shame Liljegren didn't make Sweden though I can understand why.

Maybe he slips to us in the draft.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Salo was last cut on the Finland's team.
He was battling for 7th defenseman's spot with Jesper Mattila ( Boston College defenseman who's undrafted in NHL) but unfortunately Salo lost that battle.

Outside of the our world junior team we have other draft eligible defenseman's coming for next June's draft.
Like Kasper Kotkansalo ( Sioux Falls Stampede), Eero Teräväinen ( Lincoln Stars ) Eemeli Räsänen ( Kingston Frontenacs) Henri Jokiharju ( Portland Winterhawks) and Oliver Felixson ( overage and undrafted defenseman in 2016 draft from Saint John Seadogs).

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Could be, but I'm quite sure we're end drafting swedish, american or czech-born center with our 1st pick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Salo was last cut on the Finland's team.
He was battling for 7th defenseman's spot with Jesper Mattila ( Boston College defenseman who's undrafted in NHL) but unfortunately Salo lost that battle.

Outside of the our world junior team we have other draft eligible defenseman's coming for next June's draft.
Like Kasper Kotkansalo ( Sioux Falls Stampede), Eero Teräväinen ( Lincoln Stars ) Eemeli Räsänen ( Kingston Frontenacs) Henri Jokiharju ( Portland Winterhawks) and Oliver Felixson ( overage and undrafted defenseman in 2016 draft from Saint John Seadogs).

Thanks for the update.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad