WJC talk

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Valimaki looks pretty solid for Finland. Tolvanen has shown his hands off a few times. Otherwise not a whole lot going on in this CZE-FIN game.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Caught the end of the 2nd and entire 3rd.

Hronek is definitely the #1 defenseman, pleasantly surprised to see him wearing the C too.

He was solid defensively, didn't see any lapses, also wasn't able to get set on the single powerplay in the 3rd unfortunately, which is where he usually shines.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Did Hronek or Saarijarvi do much in that game? I didn't get to watch. Scoresheet says Hronek played 25 minutes, though. Looks like he's their #1 guy.

They both looked solid. About what I was expecting so didn't comment on them. Saarijarvi took some shifts with Valimaki as his partner and I thought they complemented each other well. It was a pretty defensive game for the most part.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Will be interesting to see what the Van Pottelberghe can do vs Czech Republic. He was a lot better recently. Game will start in 30mins. Hronek playing on 1st def pairing on the other side. Let's hope for another game like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7njST38rw4

Will be a difficult game for Switzerland. But we'll see. Will also be having an eye on Hischier and Necas who'll both be on 2nd line.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Van Pottelberge looks really good. Wonder how long it will take for him to get to the NHL. Was surprised that we had actually drafted him.

Hronek looks solid, as well. Not many mistakes...plus he's the Captain of the Czech's, this year.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Van Pottelberge looks really good. Wonder how long it will take for him to get to the NHL. Was surprised that we had actually drafted him.

Hronek looks solid, as well. Not many mistakes...plus he's the Captain of the Czech's, this year.

Well, he's the current starter for Davos and just signed a 3 year contract.
It's his first season as a pro so I think he'll stay in Davos for at least one more year if not all three. Will also depend on the situation in Grand Rapids I guess.

Btw. The Czech defense is crap. Hischier just fooled them badly:yo:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Dumb penalty by Hronek costs the Czechs a goal

Sure, but they play a bad game anyway. Lots of possession and shots on goal but little to no quality chances. They also play careless against the puck making it pretty easy for the Swiss to create chances with 2,3 passes.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Hronek has been pretty good defensively, but, man... they don't ever pass him the puck. He looks so lonely in the offensive zone. He just stands there and waits, but it never comes. They don't even let him break out the puck, either. He's had only a few touches all game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hahaha, this game is so fun to watch. The Czechs are really handing it over to the Swiss.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Well, Hischier probably felt bad to win this game. What a gift to take this penalty.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Sooo.. The plan should be to Draft Hischier this year and Dahlin next year. Right okay the plan is set, everyone on board. The cup parade should be in aprox 5 years.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hronek looked great imo. Better defensively than I expected, he also doesn't really look small/scrawny at all. Seemed to be playing huge minutes too, not sure why he wasn't on in OT.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Not Wings-related, but I think this Kaprizov kid is special. Look at his KHL stats...If I remember correctly, previously only Kuznetsov had better stats at 19 years of age. He was taken by Minnesota in the 5th round back in 2015.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Not Wings-related, but I think this Kaprizov kid is special. Look at his KHL stats...If I remember correctly, previously only Kuznetsov had better stats at 19 years of age. He was taken by Minnesota in the 5th round back in 2015.

Great pick. Shame he has no plans of coming to NA anytime soon

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Saarijärvi not shooting too much, so definitely a Wing.. Kidding aside I feel like he's one of the guys really trying for Finland. Must be one of the TOI leaders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad