Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Going to have to call Struble Struddle because he's so soft.

Hopefully the ones who make it do well to keep us entertained.

Olofsson seems like a terrible pick. Habs should trade him now for pretty much anything

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Going to have to call Struble Struddle because he's so soft.

Hopefully the ones who make it do well to keep us entertained.

Olofsson seems like a terrible pick. Habs should trade him now for pretty much anything

lol at Struble being soft, he's the most physical D prospect we have, he's almost too physical as he needs to pick his spots a little better.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
November 5th to 7th, Sweden and Finland will play each other three times, here is Sweden's roster for that weekend:

ElAPYPIWAAAMg-J
They invited Günler! It’s a miracle.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I hope Caufield doesn't get screwed by some side deal made with the WJC to chip in on NHL revenue; if the NHL releases all the junior aged players it could boost tv revenue for the WJC but also prevent Caufield from getting the top line ice time he is currently projected to get. Just hoping it's not a collateral effect of the pandemic, that would suck for him.
Who cares. Caufield needs to prove he deserves the ice time and not be entitled to it

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Who cares. Caufield needs to prove he deserves the ice time and not be entitled to it

Oliver Wahlstrom did not deserve his 1st line TOI last year. Is that not entitlement? Please comment on Wahlstrom's performance relative to TOI at last year's WJC. Favoritism in my mind but now I am super interested to read your take. Then you can piss off with your who-cares.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Oliver Wahlstrom did not deserve his 1st line TOI last year. Is that not entitlement? Please comment on Wahlstrom's performance relative to TOI at last year's WJC. Favoritism in my mind but now I am super interested to read your take. Then you can piss off.
What? Who cares about Whalstrom lol. Calm ur **** dude.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I hope Caufield doesn't get screwed by some side deal made with the WJC to chip in on NHL revenue; if the NHL releases all the junior aged players it could boost tv revenue for the WJC but also prevent Caufield from getting the top line ice time he is currently projected to get. Just hoping it's not a collateral effect of the pandemic, that would suck for him.

Its not the nhl that would decide on that, its the teams.
Usa getting Jack Hughes would also benefit Caufield greatly since they would play together.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
:facepalm:

You're just clueless. Best not to comment.
Then enlighten me oh great one. What am I clueless about?

What does Whalstrom playing top line minutes have anything to do with Caufield? Whalstrom is no longer eligible.
Are you saying Caufield should get entitled minutes just cause Whalstrom did or worst cuz hes a habs prospect and it wont be fair if he doesn't get those minutes even tho he was crap last tourny? I'm confused. Please enlighten me.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Usa getting Jack Hughes would also benefit Caufield greatly since they would play together.

They would get Zegras and all the other ones back as well. Hughes played regularly on the PP whereas their coach last year for some reason only gave Caufield a handful of PP opportunities after the round robin play. The play died on Wahlstrom's stick so many times at ES and PP that it appeared irrational by the end. This coach may be different. But USA Hockey certainly likes their size and veteran merit system.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Then enlighten me oh great one. What am I clueless about?

What does Whalstrom playing top line minutes have anything to do with Caufield? Whalstrom is no longer eligible.
Are you saying Caufield should get entitled minutes just cause Whalstrom did or worst cuz hes a habs prospect and it wont be fair if he doesn't get those minutes even tho he was crap last tourny? I'm confused. Please enlighten me.

Did you watch all the US games last year? See my post above. It was a culture thing with that coach. Everyone and their dog remembers Wahlstrom getting preferential treatment. He was dog shit too.

Reactions: jaffy27 and dralaf

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They would get Zegras and all the other ones back as well. Hughes played regularly on the PP whereas their coach last year for some reason only gave Caufield a handful of PP opportunities after the round robin play. The play died on Wahlstrom's stick so many times at ES and PP that it appeared irrational by the end. This coach may be different. But USA Hockey certainly likes their size and veteran merit system.

Zegras would have still been there since he probably starts his pro career in the ahl.

Anyways thats all meaningless. Caufield is a lock to be in the top 6 and play a big role no matter who team USA gets back.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

I kind of hope the NHL teams do not release their players. Isn't the plan to aim for a Jan. 01 start to the season? If that's the case there will be overlap and I doubt the NHL teams would want their players missing the start of the season for a junior tourney. Even if the NHL season gets pushed back, I'd still rather players like Dach, Lafrenierre, and Hughes held out. Those players would be playing in the NHL as we speak if not for the pandemic. They have already graduated from the junior ranks - I see no developmental benefit for them to go back and dominate. I'd rather the opportunity be given to actual junior players.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I kind of hope the NHL teams do not release their players. Isn't the plan to aim for a Jan. 01 start to the season? If that's the case there will be overlap and I doubt the NHL teams would want their players missing the start of the season for a junior tourney. Even if the NHL season gets pushed back, I'd still rather players like Dach, Lafrenierre, and Hughes held out. Those players would be playing in the NHL as we speak if not for the pandemic. They have already graduated from the junior ranks - I see no developmental benefit for them to go back and dominate. I'd rather the opportunity be given to actual junior players.

If those players are sent to the WJC, it won't be for developmental purposes. Teams would surely send them there so they can get to play some games.

Obviously closer to the WJC we get, the better idea the NHL will have if they can meet the January 1st start date or if it will be pushed back some more.

If the NHL does come back January 1st, then NHL teams will be having their camps during the WJC. So chances are Hughes, Turcotte, and other junior eligible players in the NHL will most likely be with their teams.

Reactions: lamp9post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad