Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wheeler made his predictions for the WJC and he has Caufield on the top line for the US, Struble as their extra D and Guhle playing on the third pairing for Canada.

Mysak on the 1st or 2nd line?

I'm hoping one of Farrell or Tuch can make it as a spare but if we end up with 4 guys then I'll be happy since it would be 5 if they didn't cancel Dichow's games as he very likely makes Team Denmark.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Mysak on the 1st or 2nd line?

I'm hoping one of Farrell or Tuch can make it as a spare but if we end up with 4 guys then I'll be happy since it would be 5 if they didn't cancel Dichow's games as he very likely makes Team Denmark.
He only did the big 5 (Russia, US, Canada, Sweden and Finland).

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Had tickets to the tourney but that’s out. Hopefully, they come back this way soon when fans can attend.

Reactions: covfefe

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Had tickets to the tourney but that’s out. Hopefully, they come back this way soon when fans can attend.

Same, obviously disappointing but that seems to be a running theme this year.

Going to the WJC's in Kelowna and seeing Malkin absolutely dominate remains a lifetime hockey highlight of mine. Will never forget it: wins the first faceoff of the game, walks through 3 or 4 guys and rang one off the crossbar. It was nuts watching him at that level.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Going to the WJC's in Kelowna and seeing Malkin absolutely dominate remains a lifetime hockey highlight of mine. Will never forget it: wins the first faceoff of the game, walks through 3 or 4 guys and rang one off the crossbar. It was nuts watching him at that level.

You just gave me a vintage Geno throwback, thank you.

I am hoping for lots of shots from Mysack.

Hopefully he does because he aint gettin any younger

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Yeah, I had tickets the last time it was in Calgary many many moons ago. I hope they give Edm & RD another chance.

I had tickets to the under 18 in RD and it was great. Meet so many NHL GMs and scouts. Kris Draper sat next to my Dad and I, he was a really nice guy.

MB was there and he saw my Dad wearing his Habs hat/shirt as he was passing us in the concourse, he stopped shook my dads hand (mine too).

When life returns to normal I’m thinking of taking the old man on a road trip to the next U18 or WJ it’s not too far away.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC

Hey, pretty cool, I saw some of that tourney in Kelowna too. I remember seeing Malkin look like a man among boys out there. I think they were playing Sweden in the Prelim round when i saw him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He shouldn't do it from the blue.

Ya that was bad I know.
tenor.gif

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I understand the whole left and right think...but it sucks that on most Junior lineups, you see Scheneider name there and even Korczak and even Guhle isn't on a whole lot of list...Geez I thought at one point he'd captain this team...

Probably not considered that above the 2001 guys to win a spot. Aside from Subban making it, not sure too many of Habs prospects make Canada as an 18 year old.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
i dont follow the juniors roster much, do you guys think the fact that michgan not release Owen Power affect ghule chances? should he make it now?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
i dont follow the juniors roster much, do you guys think the fact that michgan not release Owen Power affect ghule chances? should he make it now?

Andre Tourigny said at "On Jase" (RDS) that Guhle has a really good chance to make the team because he bring something unique and he love him. It would be a surprise for me if he doesn't make the team.

Reactions: tazsub3

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Hoping he makes Canada, and if he does I could easily see him being a letter guy at next years tornament

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Andre Tourigny said at "On Jase" (RDS) that Guhle has a really good chance to make the team because he bring something unique and he love him. It would be a surprise for me if he doesn't make the team.
thank you sir,was not aware of that

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

With Power now out of the running, I'd be shocked if Guhle isn't on this team. He is the defensive minute eater they dream of next to a guy like Drysdale.

HC will also want some guys on the back end with experience for next year's tourney. They've been moving to that approach as opposed to building a d-corp of final year eligibles.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Does anybody here subscribe to TSN Direct? I get all the TSN channels now except TSN2 and I’ll know that they’ll be showing a lot of WJC games I want to watch.

Also, is the quality any good or is there lots of lag? Is there any other legal way to get TSN that’s better/cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad