Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I assume Norlinder is a lock for Sweden or does his 2000 birthday disqualify him from participating?

He turned 20 in april. It's called the u20 for a reason.

If you turn 20 before the tournament i think you can't make it. If you turn 20 during the tournament it's okay for sure. But i think only a handful of players historically played the tournament at 20.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don't want to be negative but he'll turn 20 during the tournament (January 2nd). It's a big advantage over other players. It can be misleading to put too much stock into u20 performance when a player is 20 or close to it.

True,but a lot are physically more mature than him

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Group B looks brutal, but when you consider the elimination structure, it doesn't make much of a difference in the current tournament structure.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Caufield will destroy this tournament if he's used properly, he'll be a consensus top 10 prospect by the time it's over (he should be anyway)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Caufield will destroy this tournament if he's used properly, he'll be a consensus top 10 prospect by the time it's over (he should be anyway)

I'm a big fan of the coach for Team USA, I think he's one of the better coaches in the NCAA (he coached former Hab prospect Hayden Hawkey) though last year's coach has been doing an outstanding job in the NCAA but was just terrible at the WJC's. So I guess it's why Team USA has had so much turnover at the WJC's, they keep going with mostly NCAA coaches but some work while others can't.

Last year's coach (who will coach Biondi and Jake Smith) has been the only coach in NCAA hockey history to win back to back to back NCAA championships and had a shot at doing it again if not for covid. But not all coaches can work out in a short 5-7 game tournament like the WJC's where you are throwing together a bunch of kids that don't get to play with each other but for a few days before the games start.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EkJ5oMgUwAAHhG0

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

I hope Tuch is one of those '02 players making some noise.

I think he has a decent shot at the 4th line. He could play the big, mean 4th liner. It would also be a good experience at 18. I doubt Farrell makes it, he has a better shot at it next year.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I think he has a decent shot at the 4th line. He could play the big, mean 4th liner. It would also be a good experience at 18. I doubt Farrell makes it, he has a better shot at it next year.

Is there not a chance the US coach sees the chemistry Brisson and Farrell have had with the Chicago Steel (Farrell is his LW setup man) and keeps him as a result? After 11 games last year with both on the 1st line, Sean was at 16 pts and Brisson at 11 pts. Sean is a skilled, creative passer and Brisson seems to have a booming shot.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
You're right they are huge!! Thats a good strong base

2020 WJSS | U.S. Roster

Struble is a tank. Heaviest D on the US team if he makes it. 6'0" and 205 is a bit different along the boards than say Alex Vlasic at 6'6" and 199 lbs.

We also have Luke Tuch in the top 3 biggest forwards on that pre-selection roster. Sean Farrell is one of only 4 forwards from the USHL (3 from the Steel), out of 25 forwards.

Glad to see Caufield is only 2 pounds off Bobby Brink now. Take that Philly. Neither is the lightest forward on the list, and that was surprising.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
2020 WJSS | U.S. Roster

Struble is a tank. Heaviest D on the US team if he makes it. 6'0" and 205 is a bit different along the boards than say Alex Vlasic at 6'6" and 199 lbs.

We also have Luke Tuch in the top 3 biggest forwards on that pre-selection roster. Sean Farrell is one of only 4 forwards from the USHL (3 from the Steel), out of 25 forwards.

Glad to see Caufield is only 2 pounds off Bobby Brink now. Take that Philly. Neither is the lightest forward on the list, and that was surprising.

I'm curious if that is really Caufield's current weight. Because when he was drafted, he was 163 lbs (same as it's listed on the USA Hockey website), But in an interview with one of the beat writers (I think it was Mattias Brunet), Caufield said he put on 5 or so pounds, which would bring him closer to 170 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad