Prospect Info: With the 6th pick in the 2020 draft, the Ducks select Jamie Drysdale

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Is it too early to say that Drysdale has pushed himself over Larsson and Guhle in the depth charts yet?
Guhle for sure. Larsson I think they keep in to have another more defensive minded D. The only one we really have in the lineup right now is Hakanpaa. Larsson is kind if a D first player. Pretty sure its the sole reason he's in the lineup over Mahura.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Is it too early to say that Drysdale has pushed himself over Larsson and Guhle in the depth charts yet?
If it's not too early for that then I guess it's not too early to say Terry is our best winger.

It's early lets hope he continues its been 1 game.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Can't wait to have Lindholm and Manson back in the lineup. Then we could put together a decent defence.
All they need is Lindholm, and they need him sorely. Manson right now would only push Drysdale out of the lineup, and Drysdale deserves to play more games with the big club.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
U guys expect him to play more than 6 NHL games this year? Will the ducks burn a year off his ELC??

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Wouldn't have thought we'd have too many RD's heading into this season.
Hakanpaa has been a nice surprise this year. He just really needs to not be depended on so much. It's kind if why I'm against moving Manson this year. With both Lindy and Manson out we only really have 1 Defensive D on the roster and that's Hakanpaa.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Hakanpaa has been a nice surprise this year. He just really needs to not be depended on so much. It's kind if why I'm against moving Manson this year. With both Lindy and Manson out we only really have 1 Defensive D on the roster and that's Hakanpaa.

I don't see a problem with this. It isn't like the other guys are pure offensive defensemen.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I genuinely was struggling to think of who the hell the 3rd guy was besides Manson and Hakanpaa and realized I had internally replaced Shattenkirk with Drysdale already. :laugh:
Shattenkirk really hasn't been as bad as we make him out to be. He just should likely be down the lineup.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Shattenkirk really hasn't been as bad as we make him out to be. He just should likely be down the lineup.

He really hasn’t been but he was brought in to help the PP and provide some more solid Top 4 depth. It hasn’t panned out too well with that. Compared to Larsson and Hutton though well that’s just adding more garbage to the dumpster fire.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Its worth noting that with Manson back we have 3 RD outside of Drysdale. I expect him to sit or someone to play their off side.

Or we can sit Shattenkirk. If we play the usual 1-d on the PP, then we have Drysdale to take Shattenkirk's spot.

But I have a sinking feeling that Eakins will want to play 7D. I can see Comtois sitting on the bench with Rakell and Heinen getting the extra playing time.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Lol, if you give equal credit to Manson and Lindholm then that is crazy to me. Lindholm is the linchpin. Manson is not.
Sure Lindholm is the more important player but both are big contributors to the PK which has been absolutely dreadful. If you dont think defensive role is important in not sure what to say. I dont want Shattenkirk or Drysdale playing PK and I'm iffy of Larsson or Hutton there.

Reactions: AngelDuck

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Or we can sit Shattenkirk. If we play the usual 1-d on the PP, then we have Drysdale to take Shattenkirk's spot.

But I have a sinking feeling that Eakins will want to play 7D. I can see Comtois sitting on the bench with Rakell and Heinen getting the extra playing time.
I really doubt Shattenkirk cones out. He quietly tied Fowler for Pts from the blueline the other night. Tied for 13. Which is more than most of our forwards.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I really doubt Shattenkirk cones out. He quietly tied Fowler for Pts from the blueline the other night. Tied for 13. Which is more than most of our forwards.

Seems he’s getting the points of the Josh Manson in 17-18 variety though as opposed to actually earning them. Where he just happens to have been one of the last two players to touch the puck before we score a goal.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Seems he’s getting the points of the Josh Manson in 17-18 variety though as opposed to actually earning them. Where he just happens to have been one of the last two players to touch the puck before we score a goal.
With how much trouble we're having scoring im not sure we can just write that off right now. I still think I prefer him to Larsson or Hutton.

Reactions: Bergey37

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad