Prospect Info: With the 6th pick in the 2020 draft, the Ducks select Jamie Drysdale

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think Jamie will begin to put up solid production as the team continues to amass forward talent and as he develops. It's tough for dmen to put up big numbers without a quality forward group. But i see 45-60 pt potential for him. He skates, passes and sees the ice so well. He reminds me a bit of Dan Boyle, but potentially better defensively, with maybe not quite as good of a shot.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I have loved what Drysdale has bought but as Sicard himself says it’s an incredible small sample. If you look at his underlying numbers just two games ago they were substantially better, they will likely fluctuate like a yo yo initially.

I think you need 10+ games at least before you can look at any sort of analytics.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
4 points in his first 9 games (that one he played only under 3 mins because of an injury though).
I think he is a bit underused on the PP and could have had some more points. But no need to rush as well.

Just really impressed with him, he really has that gamebreaker potential

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
4 points in his first 9 games (that one he played only under 3 mins because of an injury though).
I think he is a bit underused on the PP and could have had some more points. But no need to rush as well.

Just really impressed with him, he really has that gamebreaker potential

I have the privilege of watching both Jamie Drysdale and Adam Fox. Good times!

Reactions: Mr Rogers and Kalv

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
That was also a beautiful pass by Terry. Drysdale and Terry were fantastic today

I'm glad it worked out, but generally when F3 dangles the crap out of his defender and has clear control of the puck with wide open space in front of him, dead center of the ice, 30 feet from the net, the last thing I want them thinking about is a turnaround drop pass to a trailing defenseman all the way back at the blue line.

Terry's *so* close to breaking through but he needs to stop watching Getzlaf film and shoot the puck. That game in Colorado where he was desperate to score and got 7 shots on goal? He needs that mentality way more often.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm glad it worked out, but generally when F3 dangles the crap out of his defender and has clear control of the puck with wide open space in front of him, dead center of the ice, 30 feet from the net, the last thing I want them thinking about is a turnaround drop pass to a trailing defenseman all the way back at the blue line.

Terry's *so* close to breaking through but he needs to stop watching Getzlaf film and shoot the puck. That game in Colorado where he was desperate to score and got 7 shots on goal? He needs that mentality way more often.
It was my first reaction as well. But in the replay it seemed that Terry was very much in control and it might had been a set play with Dry.

Oct 18, 2011

Ah yes we need to completely drain the creativity out of his game which has worked so well for this organization

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
As we said in the game thread, Drysdale is just oozing franchise potential. He could be a guy who teams have to figure out how they're going to deal with for 30 minutes every night in a playoff series.

He's more or less the reason I feel good about the state of the rebuildtool

Reactions: Kalv and Leonardo87

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
As we said in the game thread, Drysdale is just oozing franchise potential. He could be a guy who teams have to figure out how they're going to deal with for 30 minutes every night in a playoff series.

He's more or less the reason I feel good about the state of the rebuildtool
By all the looks he seem to be a good Captain material down the road as well.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Maybe it's just me, but playing Drysdale on his off side so he can be paired with Manson seems idiotic. Is he going to play on the left side longterm? Are they going to make Lindholm/Fowler a pairing next year? The rest of this lost season should be spent grooming Drysdale to be a top 4 RHD and our #1 PP D. Shutting down other team's top lines now? Who cares?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Maybe it's just me, but playing Drysdale on his off side so he can be paired with Manson seems idiotic. Is he going to play on the left side longterm? Are they going to make Lindholm/Fowler a pairing next year? The rest of this lost season should be spent grooming Drysdale to be a top 4 RHD and our #1 PP D. Shutting down other team's top lines now? Who cares?

Would assume they go with...

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Drysdale
Fluery - Shattenkirk

Not sure how Fowler and Drysdale would be, would maybe be called too soft but this team needs scoring especially from their back end. Have Lindholm and Manson take the tough assignments.

I mean that looks like a very solid D group.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I wasn't happy to see him on the PK yesterday. I mean, sure he can be that guy one day, but if he's going to be in the NHL right now, he shouldn't be used as a shutdown dman. The thing i'm most worried about with this team and Drysdale is they won't put him in situations to blossom offensively.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Would assume they go with...

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler - Drysdale
Fluery - Shattenkirk

Not sure how Fowler and Drysdale would be, would maybe be called too soft but this team needs scoring especially from their back end. Have Lindholm and Manson take the tough assignments.

I mean that looks like a very solid D group.
If you're right, why isn't he playing with Fowler now?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you're right, why isn't he playing with Fowler now?

Good point. Lol. Eakins rather he play on his off side so he is with Manson?

just to add he is a young D, and Eakins likely wants someone to protect him and Manson is that physical type with size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad