Prospect Info: With the 6th pick in the 2020 draft, the Ducks select Jamie Drysdale

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
So with the Ducks current d-core of Fowler, Manson, Drysdale, Larsson, Shattenkirk and Welinski, which of those would you rather play on their off side than Drysdale? Seems like all of them get trashed quite a bit for their play on their proper side whereas Drysdale looks good on the left each night.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I guess Eakins is afraid teams will be physical with Drysdale, so he wants him out there with Manson. Or else he is trying to create a top pairing that can match up with other team's studs.

Ha ha get out of my head I just added that.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Playing Drysdale on his off side for a game or two I have no problem with. The issue is this is becoming a regular thing, he needs to develop on the right side he just barely turned 19. He has been good on the left no complaints but cmon we are playing for the long game let him play the right side.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If Drysdale is still playing on his off side when Fleury gets here, then I have a problem with it. I'm not quite sure why Curran isn't getting a look, but if Welinski is the one in the lineup, then someone has to play on their off side.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If drysdale isnt showing any issue playing on the left side then I don't see what the problem is. There hasn't been any indication he plays better/worse on either side or is uncomfortable.

Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Since we’re in the safe space of this forum, I think it’s fair to say he’s the king of mere mortals like Jake Sanderson :naughty:

He’s easily the best defensive prospect we’ve ever had. Dude is so polished at pretty much everything already and there’s upside for days.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Since we’re in the safe space of this forum, I think it’s fair to say he’s the king of mere mortals like Jake Sanderson :naughty:

He’s easily the best defensive prospect we’ve ever had. Dude is so polished at pretty much everything already and there’s upside for days.

Here is where we find out how many Ottawa creepers we have here lol.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
I wasn't happy to see him on the PK yesterday. I mean, sure he can be that guy one day, but if he's going to be in the NHL right now, he shouldn't be used as a shutdown dman. The thing i'm most worried about with this team and Drysdale is they won't put him in situations to blossom offensively.

That’s more due to a lack of true options than anything else. With Hakanpaa traded and Lindholm looking like he’s done for the season, there’s really no true shutdown PK defenseman other than Manson.

Drysdale got 3:06 shorthanded, the only defenseman with less was the Shittiestofkirks at 2:27 (who should never see any PK time). Fowler, who in a perfect world would see hardly any PK time, got 4:25. Jacob Larsson, who in a perfect world would be in the press box, got 4:06

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
That’s more due to a lack of true options than anything else. With Hakanpaa traded and Lindholm looking like he’s done for the season, there’s really no true shutdown PK defenseman other than Manson.

Drysdale got 3:06 shorthanded, the only defenseman with less was the Shittiestofkirks at 2:27 (who should never see any PK time). Fowler, who in a perfect world would see hardly any PK time, got 4:25. Jacob Larsson, who in a perfect world would be in the press box, got 4:06
Yesterday I’ll admit there was a legitimate reason. I just hope we don’t see it going forward (in the near term) too much. Needs to be given every opportunity to develop his offense

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The big question with him will be how dominant he can be in the offensive zone. The flashes is there, but I hope our org and Jamie keeps working on that. There is all the potential in the word for him

Reactions: Mr Rogers

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
Yesterday I’ll admit there was a legitimate reason. I just hope we don’t see it going forward (in the near term) too much. Needs to be given every opportunity to develop his offense

I agree. In a season like this, where we’re not really playing for anything and with the lack of productivity from Fowler and The Shart, there’s no reason Drysdale should not be getting almost all of the power play time

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Out of all the upcoming LHDs in this up coming draft, who do you guys think would mesh the best with our guy drysdale ?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
No OHL season so it's time to send him back to the Gulls and away from this tirefire

Allow me to list three things:

a. Drysdale's OHL team has been bad, but it didn't deter his progression nor getting selected 6th overall. Being on a "tirefire" team isn't anything new to Drysdale.
2. Drysdale is one of the top players in the AHL already and will be able to participate in the Gulls' playoffs. Drysdale won AHL rookie for the month of February, including over Zegras.
D. These NHL game reps are what he needs, especially when we're pegging him to be a starter next season as well. Also, we're doing auditions of who has chemistry with Drysdale between Fleury and Fowler.​

During this downward tend, Drysdale has been a bright spot for the Ducks. Anyhow, the Ducks have been struggling all season. Although the score last night was 4-1, two of the goals were empty netters. It was a close game until we pulled our goalie to attempt to tie up the score. It was a one-goal game with Drysdale providing the lone goal. See... last night's rep is a confidence builder for Drysdale and our fan base even though we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad